heifer's 2nd calf vs. first

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice":30t058qn said:
My apologies to you for that.
Alice

You owe me no apology Alice.

Cypress furnished some very good info and then some of us got involved in a hi-jack. But, hopefully everyone learned something in this thread. The most I got out of it was Cypress's original info. (before this went south)

backhoeboogie":3qvhatx1 said:
No need to post the spread sheet as far as I am concerned. We have figured out how you do $112 for 15 months; no expenses for anything out of your own pocket.

Its actually around $180 for last year, on that one place.

Why does it matter where the money comes from? You think because you started buying out of your pocket, or from a bank you are better than me? :lol2: That is probably not the case any ways....

Backhoeboogie... weren't you the one talking about the oil and gas checks you get and having all the trailers you need? I bet if you go and actually look there are very few from this board who started from nothing. Its either paid for land that was given to them or people who got money from other sources and are using it on cattle now because they want to.

Just like the man who said..."I have been doing this for 30 years"... that is a hobby unless you are 30yrs old right now. Call me when you have been doing it for 4 generations and have the 5th in training. :roll:

Shows the hyprocisy of my opposers, they are attacking some thing that has little to no effect on the way things are ran but they will attack it to discredit me. Thats a great strategy if you are running for president but sad in this setting. I think you two don't like people going against you and when they do yall could care less about trying to help people with actual cattle knowledge and get on personal agendas. :tiphat:

Oh I started with nothing alright. Gas royalties checks didn't come until I was 47 years old. I still have a day job.

5 generations? I am a descendant of Peyton Bland. He was driving cattle from Texas to New Orleans way before the cattle drives started going north out of Texas. Every generation thereafter ran cattle. Times are different now and there are new tools and new ways. Being 8 generations into this in Texas never had me looking at the info Cypress's furnished in this original thread and the discussions thereto. I got perspectives from some who have been at this for over 40 years.

At one time I had read every post dun ever made. Add to that msscamp, caustic and others. It is too bad my brain cannot remember all that info.

Yes I have now inherited some land too. I would trade it all back to have my Dad and grandad here.

When I bought my original place no bank would even loan me the money to punch a water well. I had to go to family to borrow it. It took 3 years to repay the loan.

Sorry backhoe, I really believe you but I heard the words "oil and gas" and most know how many ranches today are still afloat because of it. Maybe next time... :lol2:

Oil and Gas... Investors... Whats the real difference? :lol:

backhoeboogie":hckcadw5 said:
No need to post the spread sheet as far as I am concerned. We have figured out how you do $112 for 15 months; no expenses for anything out of your own pocket.

Now we know how you do it.......... deep pockets. Probably as deep as all those wells are drilled. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.