The heifer I had posted pictures of earlier

amelia.jpb

Was weaned today.

BW 73
WW 673 at 193 days
dam weighed 1512# lost 168# from calving to weaning
BIG cow

dun
That's very impressive! Do I have to go to the site to find out what breed she is?

dun":n8tdh9jn said:
The heifer I had posted pictures of earlier

amelia.jpb

Was weaned today.

BW 73
WW 673 at 193 days
dam weighed 1512# lost 168# from calving to weaning
BIG cow

dun

pics not working........looks like you have jpb for file extension instead of jpg.

txag":1m0itoa8 said:
pics not working........looks like you have jpb for file extension instead of jpg.

Correct. fingers and brain problems

fixed now

dun

Beefy":3ev3k9m4 said:
way to go, dun.

I wasn't me. It was all mamma and the bull. Good genetics on good pasture will work.

Maybe I should have included, NO CREEP!

dun

Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty baby! You should be proud. :D

Pretty girl, Dun. Who is her daddy? Will you keep her as a replacement since she's probably going to be a big cow?

Frankie":3i1jh3b6 said:
Pretty girl, Dun. Who is her daddy? Will you keep her as a replacement since she's probably going to be a big cow?

We're planning on it. Hopefully she won't be as big as her mother. The other daughter from the same bull, Glacier Nyack, turned out to be pretty moderate in size even from a pretty growthy cow. She's smaller then their mother anyway. Not saying much since this ones mother is a monster, but she's not all that tall of a cow. She still passes the armpit test.

dun

txshowmom":22jskb2z said:
Are you sure you don't want to sell her? She'd make a nice replacement.

She'll make a nice replacment or just addition to out cows. We're keeping at least 3 other heifers this year besides her.

dun

I have a brangus cow that is about the same build as the one your talking about. She's about 1600 lbs but still passes the armpit test.

The thing that amazes most about that beauty you have their is the pasture. :shock: She must have some stout teeth. ;-)

Nice thick calf. She's a gelbvieh? Has the look anyway.

1500 lb cow is a nice sized animal. If you don't like 'em quite that big, please send her on north, as that's just right to me. I'll make some room for her. Might want to send that calf with her too. Just to keep her company on the trip. ;-)

Take care.

I'd guess so. Might mean one person's armpit high animal is another's chin height. Makes it a pretty variable reference.

I did get a chuckle out of the mental picture of another type of armpit test being applied to cattle...kind of like the what I've seen teenage boys inflict on their buddies. Ugh!

Take care.

CattleAnnie":8cdc2svv said:
Nice thick calf. She's a gelbvieh? Has the look anyway.

1500 lb cow is a nice sized animal. If you don't like 'em quite that big, please send her on north, as that's just right to me. I'll make some room for her. Might want to send that calf with her too. Just to keep her company on the trip. ;-)

Take care.

She's 1/4 Gelbvieh, 3/4 Red Angus. I generally like them a couple of hundred pounds lighter, but so many of these are getting wider and deeper and just gaining weight, plus they are tending to get fat on just pasture.

dun

Latest posts