Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Jovid

Reaction score
She was a year old Friday. Weighed 815 lbs last week. Opinions????

0122.JPG

pretty nice heifer Jovid, she's loooooooooooong with reasonable depth of body. Difficult stance to evaluate but I think she'd have a nice feminine front end if she was showing herself off instead of complaining :D

she's a little fine boned and light muscled for my personal tastes, but then again I believe that is a breed thing, red poll being dual purpose.

I think her back end is her weakest point, I'd prefer to see a lower tail head, and a little more angle hips to pins for ease of calving, and a bit more width perhaps. I'd also like to see her from the back to judge whether those back legs are structurally correct or not.

I agree with Keren's appraisal. I also believe she is too posty front & rear.
You have done an excellent job presenting her, if she just would have stood up & "looked pretty!" she would have been a little easier to evaluate.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":37fb7jdi said:
I agree with Keren's appraisal. I also believe she is too posty front & rear.
You have done an excellent job presenting her, if she just would have stood up & "looked pretty!" she would have been a little easier to evaluate.

Thanks for the comments. What you don't know is that is how she was standing in the lot yesterday. I just decided to snap a pic nobody set her up or posed her.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1saju37o said:
Oh, I wasn't referring to how you "set her up" when I said presentation. I meant the clipping job. You did a really good job. It can be hard to blend on reds.

Thanks

My 12 yr old granddaughter does their necks and shoulders.

Keren":3g1m03s0 said:
pretty nice heifer Jovid, she's loooooooooooong with reasonable depth of body. Difficult stance to evaluate but I think she'd have a nice feminine front end if she was showing herself off instead of complaining :D

she's a little fine boned and light muscled for my personal tastes, but then again I believe that is a breed thing, red poll being dual purpose.

I think her back end is her weakest point, I'd prefer to see a lower tail head, and a little more angle hips to pins for ease of calving, and a bit more width perhaps. I'd also like to see her from the back to judge whether those back legs are structurally correct or not.
I agree with Keren. And I'll say the naughty feed words, I think she'll really bloom if you get her on some show feed.

showing71":12aqwq3d said:
Keren":12aqwq3d said:

I agree with Keren. And I'll say the naughty feed words, I think she'll really bloom if you get her on some show feed.

I'm sure she would bloom with some show feed. We have just been trying to grow her so she hasn't had any show feed.

Latest posts