Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Here is one our replacement heifers. Not so much one of our show heifers (although, she was shown once to 4th place out of 10). Spent most her life on grass and hay, with just a little bit of grain. Definitely not as much feed as the animals that have been on the show circuit. Her D.O.B. is 3-02-2008 and her sire is the bull I posted in the Old Man thread.

SanddollarAmy001_Small_.jpg

Critique away...

Ryan

Stoudt commercial heifer, are the horns the only reason she isn't on the show circuit?

Brandonm22":2iodo96x said:
Stoudt commercial heifer, are the horns the only reason she isn't on the show circuit?

She actually has more horn than the picture leads on. I'll see if I can't find a pic of her looking head on. She really does have pretty decent horn for her age, in comparison to the other animals I've seen. Not the best, not the worst.

The navel isn't ideal, like Rustler said, I would like to see less of that. But that is cosmetic, and the right bull can clean that up.

She isn't on the show circuit because we have a heifer we bought, that I've posted pictures of, that has the exact same birthday. Plus another heifer that is only a couple weeks younger. She just couldn't get around the other two heifers in that class. She wouldn't be far behind, but wouldn't be in front of them on a regular basis. Plus there's no need for us to haul 3 heifers in the same class. I have another heifer that would be in the same class, too. Any other year and they'd be on the show circuit.

Probably the main reason she can't get around the others is that she is not "refined" enough, has more of that "broody" look. She'd do better on the show circuit as a 2 or 3 year old. Knowing her genetics, she should turn into a real good momma, for sure.

Ryan

Latest posts