Heifer with sinus congestion??

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas Gal

Reaction score
I've been lurking around the board since it's inception and have enjoyed it immensely. Now, to my question: What do you make of a bred "coming two in the spring" heifer that sounds " congested" when she breathes. She has clear nasal discharge, no temp, no labored breathing, eats and drinks normally, and is fat and slick. You can hear her breathing when you're up close to her.Actually, she sounds like I do in the midst of an allergy attack after bush hogging weeds. Thanks in advance for advice.

Check about a month ago. Talked about several people cows haveing the same sounds come out. I have one the same way as yours. She hasn't been doing it here lately. Mine is fine and I don't thnk your has anything wrong with her. I think mine is like a snor.

Scotty

Texas Gal":3ruodoe2 said:
I've been lurking around the board since it's inception and have enjoyed it immensely. Now, to my question: What do you make of a bred "coming two in the spring" heifer that sounds " congested" when she breathes. She has clear nasal discharge, no temp, no labored breathing, eats and drinks normally, and is fat and slick. You can hear her breathing when you're up close to her.Actually, she sounds like I do in the midst of an allergy attack after bush hogging weeds. Thanks in advance for advice.
Sounds like what a lot of Folks said they have experienced. Probably from dust and dry weather, some allegies.She's probably fine.

Have one that sounds like that when she eats fine leafed alflafa, three coughs and a few rasps and she's fine. Just like people, cows all have different vocal patterns...could be just the way she is put together.....DMC

Latest posts