Heifer Starter Kit

Help Support CattleToday:

chaded

Reaction score
Looks like Greg Judy has a heifer starter kit for sale. 5 open heifers and the bid is up to $4000 each with a week to go……..wowzers.

As high as they are now i guess nothing at this point would surprise me. I like watching Greg's videos and think there's some good information to be gleaned but this one has me scratching my head. He's says on that page that big framed cows will make you go bankrupt, well what will paying 20k plus for 5 commercial open heifers do? Lol

If i was wanting South Poll's there is a reputable breeder where you can get actual registered bred heifers delivered for less.

I agree chaded. SP cows are still a niche market which means limited market to sell into but high dollar to get into.

You can get far better cattle for far less money than this. Wow.

Sounds like the ostrich, fallow deer, pot bellied pig kinda marketing..

Someone explain to me how these heifers are going to raise steers that you can sell to pay them off?

I do think they're nice, just not $7K (CAD) nice, considering I bought this registered heifer for $1500 and I could buy two bulls for that
I think 3 heifers would about be the auction value of my whole mature cow herd

20201114_102010.jpg

Greg is a good marketer. He's very enthusiastic!!!!! I have no doubts the stock is good, I just fear for those new to the business buying in to the breed that aren't good marketers are going to take a hit on smaller framed animals that they overpaid for, even those trying to breed up with regular cows and an overpriced SP bull.

Greg does have some good advice on grass and hay management.

Latest posts