heifer sell

Help Support CattleToday:

WORANCH

Reaction score
Watching commerical heifers sell black baldies ..............2375.........

Hereford .....2300-----2500

Dv auction

Amazing ain't it. I need 40 but I ain't paying those prices. Prices on www.cattlerange.com are skyrocketing for bred heifers and pairs. Seems like the best deal right now is bred cows 5-7 range.

isomade join us the 24th day in March in Lexington Tennnesee. There will be some registered cows with calves bred back safe in calf. At the end of the sale we will sell some commercial baldie bred heifers. Theyve been averaging around 14-1500. Guarantee the quality of them to be as good as any. Couple of our bull customers bring them and they are bigtime good.

The bargain is here. Watched commercial bred blk and blk baldie heifers sell for $1225 last friday and young bred cows about the same.

If I was rich like ol hook I'd come get me a passel of em. Same fellers that was selling BH for 1250 here last year are at 1850 on the same ones now.

Assuming the market stays the same in both parts of the country, would bred cows make the ten or twelve hour trip from Colorado back to Oklahoma without problems? My vet discouraged a four hour trip for my weaned calves years ago, would anybody here hesitate to make such a trip in say 70 degree weather?

Double E":3tn6kdkl said:
Assuming the market stays the same in both parts of the country, would bred cows make the ten or twelve hour trip from Colorado back to Oklahoma without problems? My vet discouraged a four hour trip for my weaned calves years ago, would anybody here hesitate to make such a trip in say 70 degree weather?

HOnestly I think it would cause some problems with them being 3rd trimester. The heifers especially were sprinigin pretty hard. I thought about hauling some to Neb but your market is better and next year it's gonna soar if ya'll get some grass

Thanks for your reply. I had to sell out and want to get back in the game if the grass grows again but looks like it will be expensive.

Double E":s4d3uttq said:
I would of liked to heard the Vets reasoning on that
since most calves are shipped that or longer
the last set I sold had a 14 hr ride to Cozad Nebraska
they ship loads everyday a heck of alot farther than 4hrs

That was how I looked at it, he was concerned for the stress of the shipping.

My thought was and is, I wouldn't even consider subjecting late 3rd trimester cows to a 10hr ride. A couple of sluffed calves would take the profit out of that tranaction pretty quick!

Have seen cows shipped here from Alabama, 23 hours, as long as they aren't to far along and the driver is good it's generally not a big problem. Take that away and make them third trimester and your asking for trouble. IMO cows tend to handle the ride better than lightweight calves.

#1 steers 520lbs x$1.84=$956.8 at Apache last week.
Makes the replacements seem a little more reasonable.

3waycross":58wqdaqz said:
The bargain is here. Watched commercial bred blk and blk baldie heifers sell for $1225 last friday and young bred cows about the same.

I held back 16 heifers last fall. I could not justify it at current prices so I sorted off nine black 6 weights. It hurt to see a couple of them get on the trailer. They sold today for $1,011 each.

Latest posts