heifer price help

Help Support CattleToday:

crossbreed curt

Reaction score
hello every one, i looking to buy two or three black angus heifers avg wt 700lbs hes willing to sell at 1 per lb is this to high for breeding stock ? these calves are out of a ai bull and look very nice any advice will help ! thanks and have a geart new year ! :banana:

I am not sure exactly what to pay. I have been buying a few heifers, and this has been my decisions. I offer a guy 850 for 10 CBA heifers and he turned me down because he wanted 1100. They were about 700 lbs. The deal did not go through, and I bought a few black heifers at the sale barn for a little over 400 dollars. They were about 550+. I gave them shots and started putting the feed to them, and they look great. They are defiantly over 700 lbs now. I have no clue on the genetics, but they may turn into some good cows. The ones that do not show potential in 3 months I will sell them at the barn at some price. I just hope it is over 400 dollars plus my feed bill.

If they are AI sired you can at least get the bulls name and check him, Just post his name and reg # and some of the angus breeders can tell you some about him. Are the heifers reg.?

if they are real good heifers an you have the money.id go ahead an buy those heifers.i have a friend with 40 reg heifers for sale.an he wants $700 w/papers.

I'd say that's not a bad price for quality cattle that you know something about, an A.I. sired is nice aswell. You have the ability with them being out of an AI stud to see what and how his calves do.

If not registered, you need to look at the market price in your area for beef calves and replacements. How old are they?

bigbull338":2wodocwq said:
if they are real good heifers an you have the money.id go ahead an buy those heifers.i have a friend with 40 reg heifers for sale.an he wants $700 w/papers.
How old are these heifers? What, angus?

i assure you they are not angus.they are reg beefmasters from 6 to 12 months old.if he dont sale emm he will breed them.he turned 25 with the bull this month.

Latest posts