heifer pics

Help Support CattleToday:

showmomof2

Reaction score
cows_021.JPG

cows_024.JPG
They are about 15 months old.

Two pretty good heifers.

Several days ago, we had a thread wherein we were discussing "Heart Girth" and "Spring of Rib" charactertistics, and several people wanted to see cattle pictures with those traits which would be considered acceptable.

Here they are!

These heifers both have good depth of body, spring of rib, and reasonable capacity for their ages. Also notice how their musculature smoothly blends from their necks, through their upper shoulder areas and into their upper rib areas. The "Heart Girth" area on both heifers is deep and does NOT show a restricted or "pinched" appearance just behind the forelegs. I would prefer that they show a little heavier bone, but they are feminine, and should make outstanding mama cows!

I also would like them to have more hindquarter and a more level rump area, but in this instance we are concentrating on "Heart Girth", qualities, and these are good examples of that trait!

DOC HARRIS

Thanks, Doc. We are trying to build our herd back up to some good mamas. It hasn't been the same since we got rid of alot of our eared cows. There just isn't a market for alot of ear, unfortunately. Thanks again for the compliments!

Lot better I prefer the second heifer as she is going to be a more moderate frame cow. Need to get your flies under control before you have pinkeye problems.