Heifer pics

Help Support CattleToday:

El_Putzo

Reaction score
A couple people had asked about pics of my 29F heifer with the Farley baby. Here they are. Momma looks to be milking well and baby is growing like a weed. The Farley baby is exactly 2 weeks old in this pic, she's a frisky one, and very curious.

Pair.jpg

29F.jpg

Farley2.jpg

And also the reason I wasn't on here for a while. Just finished up a couple weeks ago.

frontview2.jpg

Feel free to critique if you like.

PS, if my wife sees a bad critique of the house, you'd better be prepared for an earfull, it's her "baby". She's much meaner than me too.

Nice heifer great looking udder!, And the house is nice also, but I'm more into your heifer.

Alan

Unlike some, I WILL give you fifty cents for 'em! (at least!) :lol:

Nice pair!

I'd like to post something about your house that would stir up your wife, but it wouldn't be honest. I like it!

I can't wait until we get to retire on the ranch and build and can get out of living in this rat race that they call North, North Dallas.

George

Both/all beautiful----whats the green stuff on the ground? :)

peg4x4":2emmoeks said:
Both/all beautiful----whats the green stuff on the ground? :)

Thanks to all for compliments. I can't say I did it all by myself. My father in law and a cousin of mine did most of the work. My wife and I spent lots of nights and weekends working on little stuff though, painting, staining, pouring concrete and so forth. It was worth it though, now that it is over. If there ever was a test for a marriage, it is building a house. :lol:

The yard is a mixture of wheat, bluegrass, ryegrass and zoysia (sp?). Hopefully I wasn't too late planting the zoysia, it says to plant in august and I didn't plant it until the 15th of September. Our local FSA office rents out a straw chopper/blower and let me tell you, that is the cat's behind for strawing a yard!!

That's the fanciest barn I've ever seen. Does those great looking Herefords appreciate it?

Absolutely beautiful home. I really like the color. Good looking cow/calf pair too.

Very nice, house, heifer and calf...Calf is long and stands well. Hope I get a few of those next year. Donna

dun":2km1v4xn said:
That's the fanciest barn I've ever seen. Does those great looking Herefords appreciate it?

My cows ain't even seen the "barn" yet. I don't have all the fence up for my small pastures in front of the house, so the only cows wishing they could get in that barn are my F-I-L's, which are right up the road.

I think they'd feel right at home on the inside though as the walls are all painted in earth tones. I know they'd love that new grass in the yard too if they could just get their lips on it.

My livingroom is painted sort of like a hereford with a maroon color and an off white. My shed is also white with red trim. If I had been thinking, I'd have made it red with white trim! :lol:

Love the house (Hereford colors). Cow looks good, but would like her a little more level from hooks to pins. Calf looks great and should do well with an udder like her momma has.

Very good udder on heifer. Is that typical of 29F heifers? i've seen a few 29F calves (still nursing) which looked very good. Was thinking of using him in future. Would have like more depth on heifer, but may well change as soon as she gains again after calving.

How much eye pigment does the 29F calves have?

i'm sure its nothing but in that last pic the calf's navel looks a little puffy?

looking good though.

KNERSIE":3umbugae said:
Very good udder on heifer. Is that typical of 29F heifers? i've seen a few 29F calves (still nursing) which looked very good. Was thinking of using him in future. Would have like more depth on heifer, but may well change as soon as she gains again after calving.

How much eye pigment does the 29F calves have?

I can't say for sure if it's typical, but I've seen a lot of 29F cattle with good udders, I think though it might be more attributed to 46B (29F's sire). I can't remember seeing very many 46B cows that didn't have a pretty nice udder on them.

I agree the heifer could use more volume and depth to have that broody cow look. I'm hoping she fills in more now that she's had this first calf. From what Ive seen, a lot of heifers tend to gain volume after having their first calf.

THe 29F cattle do seem to have a fair amount of pigment on the eyes, that is something I've noticed over the last few years of looking for/at them.

Beefy":1k6u13vw said:
i'm sure its nothing but in that last pic the calf's navel looks a little puffy?

looking good though.

Good catch Beefy, we can't slip anything passed you can we.

Yes, she has a little swelling in her navel that I've been watching. We got her down and checked it saturday and decided to give a dose of Duramyacin. SHe was also scouring a little, so we also gave a sulfa bolus just to be on the safe side. I have to go back over this afternoon and do some other things, I'll check on her again then.

Latest posts