Heifer immune to turbo wire help

Help Support CattleToday:

MarkM":2d6dqpil said:
Do you have a good ground setup?

You don't get 7000 volts with a bad ground.
A rotational grazier can not afford to add a second wire everywhere for one animal.
Big energizers are a good investment, but my Parmak was at 8700 volts yesterday. That is enough.

Without trying to insult your intelligence,have you checked voltage along the wire or just at the beginning?I've had polywire break in a kink and be dead past it although it showed high voltage at the charger.

JW IN VA":qattbwti said:
Without trying to insult your intelligence,have you checked voltage along the wire or just at the beginning?I've had polywire break in a kink and be dead past it although it showed high voltage at the charger.
2x

Stocker Steve":3lwyswgw said:
JW IN VA":3lwyswgw said:
2x

X 3. Check it several places along the whole stretch, then if it is good, she needs to take a permanent vacation to someone elses' place. One that won't stay is nothing more than a trouble maker that will teach the smart ones that it's not so bad to get a zap and get out. How much is your time worth to go getting her in all the time; and can she get out to where she can cause some serious problems, like on a road or into someone's yard or something?

Yes I always check the beginning middle and end and my readings are consistent. I think adding a wire to the middle where she can't just throw the top wire over her back is the only way to retrain her.

She also follows me and will exit and enter at all different points Including this just tested. Thanks for everyone opinions and advice it has been most helpful. I may just trade her with a neighbor who doesn't use electric.

Stocker Steve":yru8wi5q said:
MarkM":yru8wi5q said:

A rotational grazier can not afford to add a second wire everywhere for one animal.
Big energizers are a good investment, but my Parmak was at 8700 volts yesterday. That is enough.
Yes, you can when there's no real load on it.. volts only makes the spark happen, amps makes it hurt which is why static even though it's high voltage isn't nearly as painful as a fencer.. it just doesn't have the amperage behind it.

Nesikep":2io7axsh said:
Stocker Steve":2io7axsh said:
MarkM":2io7axsh said:

Yes, you can when there's no real load on it.. volts only makes the spark happen, amps makes it hurt which is why static even though it's high voltage isn't nearly as painful as a fencer.. it just doesn't have the amperage behind it.

This.