Heifer has several large warts on neck

Help Support CattleToday:

HEREFORD ROADHOG

Reaction score
Does anyone have a remedy for this ? we gave a wart shot from the vet ,but it seems that there is no improvement. Thanks.

My uncle had a yearling heifer that had several warts then they went away and she never had them again.

I was at a registered angus farm to select a bull last week. He had about 10 14 month old bulls left. There was one with warts the size of golf balls hanging above each eye. You could not see his eye. There were several other warts. They were the shape of a lumpy sphere. The owner said they get warts when they get abrasions from rubbing against trees. The virus that causes the warts then has a place to enter. He said the vet removes them when they get that bad.

i have never seen a wart that didnt go away on its on accord. may take a little while.

So, what if I have a show calf that has three or four small warts on her neck and one under one eye? They are too small to pull off or crush, but I can see the one under her eye and feel the rest under her coat and see if I really look for them. Obviously if it has warts, it can't be shown, so I need a quick fix if possible. In the past we have pulled them off and they healed quickly, but this is kind of impossible with this calf. Any ideas?

Our vet was out fixing a prolapse and noticed several of our cows had warts he said to cut one off and give it to them like a pill. We dont treat warts so didnt try it.

when we bought our current bull he had a few right on his forhead. he was about 16 months old then. by the time his calves were born the following june they had went away. the guy we bought him from said they come from being mal-nourished. i guess he had his cows up north and the guy who was watching them never fed em or dewormed em.

longhornlover3498":k9pzojtf said:
when we bought our current bull he had a few right on his forhead. he was about 16 months old then. by the time his calves were born the following june they had went away. the guy we bought him from said they come from being mal-nourished. i guess he had his cows up north and the guy who was watching them never fed em or dewormed em.
Hmmm. ??? We don't have anything underfed here.

longhornlover3498":1gp7gm3c said:

The company I bought my registered angus bull from said he had a problem with warts but I know his cattle are not malnourished.