Heifer glamour shots

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
The daughter of our neighbor is an amateur photographer. She used a couple of my In Focus heifers as winter picture models. I thought that ya'll might enjoy some Tennessee snow pics. We don't get much snow here. The heifers are being weaned. I think they look great for just being taken off momma 9 days ago.
163426_1631526521813_1646134116_1470063_674935_n.jpg

155675_1631522081702_1646134116_1470057_3714715_n.jpg

155208_1631521361684_1646134116_1470056_5197548_n.jpg

Nice pics Hoss. I can see if I'm gonna find warmer weather I'll have to go farther south, looks cold.

Larry

Looks like you've been busy. New barn? As for the heifers I think you ought to cull them over to my place. ;-)

Jogeephus":2r3x9de2 said:
Looks like you've been busy. New barn? As for the heifers I think you ought to cull them over to my place. ;-)

Busy...yes....new barn....nope but I wish. I have them on a different place about a mile down the road. There is a 15 acre parcel behind my Dad's house that I have cross fenced for keeping replacements and where the bull stays with his steer buddy when he is not working.

Tell the little lady she takes nice photos. My favorite is the second, with the pond in the background.

I bought a new Balancer bull. He is only 9 months old but looks really good. I plan to A.I. everything this spring and use him as clean-up his first season. I am trying to get this girl to come over and take some pics of him. He is not as gentle as the heifers but eventually he will cooperate and stand still.

I am proud of these heifers. I had another that was bigger in size and looked as good as these two but I only wanted to keep two so I decided to sell her. I like the udders better on the mommas of the two I kept but sometimes I can't help but wonder if I shouldn't have kept all three. So far I cannot complain about In Focus and if these turn out to be the mommas that I expect I may use him again on heifers. They were born small and seemed to lag behind the others for the first few months but really came on in the 5th and 6th month. These both weaned in the 650 lb range on just grass and milk and they were born to heifers. Birth weights were around 65 to 70 pounds on both.

tripleBfarms":carydrru said:
They look nice Hoss. You better build em a fire, its gonna get rough tonight. :D

I think it got down to 9 degrees F last night. It was COLD for here. I wish Big Al Gore could come over and explain how the earth has a fever to my cows who spent the night gobbling up hay and huddled up in the woods. The old lead cow would probably have put his butt over the fence :lol:

Latest posts