Heifer from Durango 44u! We had beginner AI success

Help Support CattleToday:

Duramaxgirl

Reaction score
Here is our 3 month old Durango heifer. She was born March 20th due April 3rd, to our first calf heifer that is Angus/Hereford. Thanks for all the help last year with my zillions of AI questions. Let me know what you think of her so I can learn more!
This was taken right after birth... The rest are a week before she turned 3 months

Durango 44u

More of the heifer

Try and get some pics from "down on her level" so we can see her belly, etc.. I know how hard it can be.. mine keep coming at me as well unless there's a distraction

Duramaxgirl":t2kkadc3 said:
Here is our 3 month old Durango heifer. She was born March 20th due April 3rd, to our first calf heifer that is Angus/Hereford. Thanks for all the help last year with my zillions of AI questions.
Let me know what you think of her so I can learn more!
This was taken right after birth... The rest are a week before she turned 3 months

Durango 44u

More of the heifer
Cute calf. A nice addition. What did you name her?
Anagram for: Easter x Durango = U Dragon Teaser

Time to breed Easter.... I assume Select Sires A.I. again?

We named her Dakota in keeping with the Mopar theme :) I was thinking of Sheyenne 719T ... He's not as impressive to look at as Durango but his EPDs are awesome. My husband is wanting to get a limosin or Charolais bull though... As he's wanting as much growth as possible for early butchering, and he thinks Continental will give that more then Hereford. (We had a limo bull a few years back) I haven't researched those breeds as much as Hereford though.

WalnutCrest":ithhn6wq said:
AI success?

That's awesome!
A.I... artificial insemination... Thanks!! We're super happy we were able to get a calf on the ground. And I'll try and get more pictures of her.

We've sampled him on our commercial herd his only heifer was probably the heaviest heifer of the crop and is out of a first timer. All American wouldn't be a bad choice either. A Limousin bull would be a great cross on those British based cows.

Latest posts