Heifer feed

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

What are the ingredients of feed that are exential in a show heifer? What feed is the best to use? We thought about showmaster acco but we were told that was a steer feed.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

You use the same feed for show heifers as you do steers. Heifers will tend to fatten quicker, so you might have to feed a bit less is all.<p>Jason Trowbridge<br>Southern Angus Farms<br>Alberta Canada
<br>

[email protected]

Typically a heifer feed is about 16% crude protein. It should have Vitamins A,D &E., selenium and other trace minerals, balanced for calcium and phophorus. It will depend on what you are feeding the heifer for and how old she is. I like to feed heifer calves a 16% protein diet but will change to a 13% (when she older)if I am also feeding older animals (cow/calf) or steers. The feed I use has lots of bells and whistles because I have watched show people add this and that so I created our Eyecatcher 16 and 13 with these things in them. Our has beet pulp for digestible fiber, a probiotic (Stockman's Choice), organic minerals which are supposed to be absorbed faster. It has worked well for us.<p>
<br>

[email protected]

I'm interested in black angus but I've never raised cattle. What is the best feed? What do i need to know to get started?<br>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts