Heifer calves.

Help Support CattleToday:

My first calf heifers never got ringworm last winter. First time in a long time. They all have it this winter. Early January is time to delouse or they will be half naked by February and a lot of cold to go.

Do you consider it enough problem to treat it. I have several I wanted to sell in January that I guess I will treat. Otherwise I just let it go.
When you think you must treat something like ringworm Kenny, go to the house and have a three finger whiskey. If the thought is still on you, have another. 😉

Do you consider it enough problem to treat it. I have several I wanted to sell in January that I guess I will treat. Otherwise I just let it go.
If you treat ringworm, it will go away in appx. 6 weeks. If you leave it alone, it will go away in appx. 1.5 months.;)

Quite common here in winter. Will be gone come spring.
Not saying it's bad or you need to treat it , with the title I was thinking you thought it was lice causing it . I have one cow herd that I always have to treat for lice , and where I wean and winter my heifers I always have a couple with ringworm. Always heard the ringworm fungus is found on a fence post or barn where they rub or scratch. You are right about treating it !

Latest posts