Heifer Bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

Looked at the books last night, and we only have 9 more cows left to calve! Looking forward to having the whole batch here so things will hopefully slow down a little bit. We've got that cold snap coming in like everybody, but our cows have kinda got the nasty butts where things have started greening up a bit too! Bring on spring...(contented sigh)

2 bulls, 8 heifers. 104 more to go. All but 1 embryo out of my Blackcap cow are heifers. :mrgreen: 5 more of those to come in about 2 weeks. :hide: Lotsa' bags filling up now.

Sizmic

I have heard from an old timer that when you get more heifers than bulls it is going to be a bountiful year. I had a high % of heifers in 2009 and we had record yields on our crops.

sizmic":3sxnb4pt said:
4 more heifer since last post.Sizmic

One more heifer here. Cows just seemed to stop calving. Bulls must have got tired. I wonder if I can relate it back to a weather event?
Looks like three more in the next couple of days.

Lotsa' heifers fallin here. My Blackcap Lady donor just dropped twin heifers. Currently running 10-1 heifers, about half through.

Sizmic

The first year Brodie gave us almost all heifers.

This year just about all bulls.

There is a theory that in lean times you get heifers and in good seasons you get bulls. Half half seasons means half/half heifers and bulls.

I thought everyone knew that it all depends on the direction the cow is facing when she's bred

Latest posts