• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Heifer "bred" with clear discharge

Help Support CattleToday:

KaitlinLego

Reaction score
I have a heifer, shes exactly 5months bred, at the last show i noticed a clear discharge on her.
I watched but she never cam into heat that i saw, then again today i noticed it again while washing her.
Should i be worried? We blood tested her twice for pregnancy and she was positive both times.

KaitlinLego

Reaction score
Thanks.
I haven't notice it again, but she hasn't gotten terribley large a hasn't cones in her udder yet either.
What signs should there be of pregnancy at this point? She will be 6 months
bred on October 1st. My teacher says I shouldn't worry, but we have not palpated
her, only done blood testing for the pregnancy.
Thanks for any help!

Kaitlin

dun

Reaction score
KaitlinLego":1w1xtkh8 said:
Thanks.
I haven't notice it again, but she hasn't gotten terribley large a hasn't cones in her udder yet either.
What signs should there be of pregnancy at this point? She will be 6 months
bred on October 1st. My teacher says I shouldn't worry, but we have not palpated
her, only done blood testing for the pregnancy.
Thanks for any help!

Kaitlin
Listen to your teacher. The only sign could be that she isn;t coming back into heat

ffamom

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it either. We had one that everytime we took to a show would discharge like crazy. She did very well, and we had to prove on several times that she was bred.