Heifer and bull pics (More pics diff bull)

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefords.US":270vobbc said:
rocket2222":270vobbc said:
Looking at the angle of the hock, plus he has some muscle coming down the thigh, I don't think he's too posty. I kind of like him, nice calf

2-08006.jpg

I agree with rocket. I don't think he's too post legged and I like him!

George

X3 I don't find him real posty either. I like him. Would be willing to use as a breeder. :cowboy:

The only thing I see that resembles anything posty would be the angle of his rear pasterns. They look a little straight for me. Hip, shoulder and hock all look OK. I think he's coming a long very nicely.

Difficult looking at the pic, but the front shoulders appear to be too straight (posty) which makes me wonder what he looks like with his hind legs straight under him, instead of scissored (which is the proper pose for pics).
Post legged is a quick defect that will break a bull down. When they are post-legged, they do not have the "built-in" cussion. It would be like you locking your knees and walking around. Pretty soon, all your joints will hurt, and if you had a lifetime of walking like that, you will have joints break down. Especially a bull, who has to walk around on his hind legs during breeding season.

Latest posts