Heifer and bull calf twins

Help Support CattleToday:

Turin5-3

Reaction score
Have been raising cattle for six years now and am Stilla newbie. 7year old just gave birth to twins, heifer & bull. Thought I heard here that this was not good. Free mason? Not sure the name but someone said one or both could be sterile. Would like some insight here. How do you tell and what can be done?

BC is correct. Just plan on the heifer being sold as a feeder calf (a bonus feeder calf).
CSM

or a freezer beef, just picked mine up from the butcher. my son raised her on the bottle not born here, never had a live full set born here. had some last year and didn't know about the other till we found the body a week later.

B&M Farms":oo16rk34 said:
if it was me i would sell the heifer now to take the load off the cow and cut the bull.

or at least pull the heifer and turn it into bottle calf.

B&M Farms":1pcjcp5g said:
if it was me i would sell the heifer now to take the load off the cow and cut the bull.
I had twins earlier in the year and pulled the heifer and left the now steer on the moma The heifer I bottle fed and both are doing great now and moma regained weight pretty good. I would pull one of the calves and take the load off the mother cow. jmo