Heifer (and a steer) Before and After pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Colorado2008

Reaction score
Here's the heifer that I posted a while back. She's a Strictly Business on a Chi-Angus cow.

This was taken at county fair at the end of July.
Heifershow-5-07-30-06.jpg

Here she is today. Much bigger now and bred to Hardcore.

sammy311-26.jpg

sammy211-26.jpg

Here is our newest show heifer. She is an appendix shorthorn. (PB cow on a SB son)

Chelsie211-26.jpg

Chelsie11-26.jpg

:x I'm sorry, that's not a Shorthorn.

The Business heifer is nice, who's the Shorthorn hiding behind her?

Killala":2ef1vvyt said:
:x I'm sorry, that's not a Shorthorn.

The Business heifer is nice, who's the Shorthorn hiding behind her?

She's not PB. The bull is registered main and the cow is registerd PB Shorthorn. But she can be registered Appendix. :p

The big heifer was born April 23 2005 (i think...i'll have to look at the papers to make sure) and the small heifer was born March 17 2006. ;-)

The shortie behind here is a Double Vision steer. I'll post a pic..hang on...

Here's the shorthorn that is standing behind the big heifer. Like I said Double Vision. Born in early April. He's looking kinda crappy right now b/c he needs more grain. and he needs some of the hair clipped of the top of his neck. (i'll get the that when i find some time...lol) :roll:
snappy11-26.jpg

I liked your heifer Before, and I like her more After. From what I know of Hardcore, he should make the front end a little sharper. If that occurs, there won't be many holes for a judge to find.

If the Shorty were mine, I would clip her shoulders and neck as tight as possible. Also, if you can level her tail head with her topline, she will appear to have more lenght.

Good Job!!!! Those Aussies are Color Blind.

How old is he? He looks small! But I think he shows some potential... love the socks for a show steer!

Killala":1xhm21ny said:
How old is he? He looks small! But I think he shows some potential... love the socks for a show steer!

He was born in early April. This may be kind of an odd question but, do you think that his hip is too square? I know that it should be fairly square, but sometimes it seems like it is almost too square.

AAOK":1xhm21ny said:
If the Shorty were mine, I would clip her shoulders and neck as tight as possible. Also, if you can level her tail head with her topline, she will appear to have more lenght.

I messed up on her tailhead. it is naturally high set. so, i'm going to wait until some hair grows back then attempt it again!! :D

Colorado2008":1dfw7kxw said:
Killala":1dfw7kxw said:

He was born in early April. This may be kind of an odd question but, do you think that his hip is too square? I know that it should be fairly square, but sometimes it seems like it is almost too square.

Unfortunatley, most Shorties don't show a great muscle profile. To me, this guy doesn't look too bad. Yes, he's square, but with some good feed and a decent clip job you can make him look a lot softer.
I don't know if it's the angle of the pic, but he does look quite slabby there, and doesn't have as much power behind as I'd ideally like, but still as I said, a nice steer. Just feed him and clip him!!! :D

Killala":3qt2unz2 said:
I don't know if it's the angle of the pic, but he does look quite slabby there, and doesn't have as much power behind as I'd ideally like, but still as I said, a nice steer. Just feed him and clip him!!! :D

Slabby :?:

Colorado2008":1olt4i07 said:
Killala":1olt4i07 said:

Flat sided. I think he needs to be leveler in his hip, but other than, I like him pretty good.

Cowboy 2.0":1mn0zlyf said:
Colorado2008":1mn0zlyf said:
Killala":1mn0zlyf said:

Flat sided. I think he needs to be leveler in his hip, but other than, I like him pretty good.

Thanks Cowboy lol...slabby is a new term for me!! :lol: glad to know what it means ;-)

Latest posts