hefier acting odd

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hi,we have two scottish highland hefiers. the older (16 mos) is not acting like herself-walking a little stiffly, and quiter than usual. got into some lafalfa about tqo wekends ago, and had some diarrhea, but that seems better, fair appetite. will halu to vet if no improvement, any ideas?

[email protected]

The only idea I have is to get a vet to check her out.

dun

> Hi,we have two scottish highland
> hefiers. the older (16 mos) is not
> acting like herself-walking a
> little stiffly, and quiter than
> usual. got into some lafalfa about
> tqo wekends ago, and had some
> diarrhea, but that seems better,
> fair appetite. will halu to vet if
> no improvement, any ideas?

> The only idea I have is to get a
> vet to check her out.

> dun

have trailer hitched up and ready to go in am- wondering about a nutrient deficiency????? she ate well this eve.

[email protected]

If it one out of a number of animals, unless she is at a nutritional need point other then the others, I would think a nutritional deficiency. May have gotten into a weed or other material causing problems. Now the catch as I see it. If she starts showing a slight improvement and then gets worse again, it will be harder to correct whatever problem there is. We're lucky in that we have a far above average relationship with our vet. A phone call explaining the problem will either have a medication waiting at the office for us to pick up, a reassuarance that it isn't anything to really worry about, or a prompt visit from the vet. I've been criticized before for the comment, but here goes again. You vet is almost a partner in your herd. He/she/(or in CA)it is frequently an invaluable resource and is as interested in keeping your animals healthy as you are.

dun

> have trailer hitched up and ready
> to go in am- wondering about a
> nutrient deficiency????? she ate
> well this eve.

Latest posts