Heavy Heart

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have been home with the crud for the past few days so haven't been to the farm. While sitting around the house I heard a report that a young women had been murdered in Molino. Folks I live in Molino, and it isn't a big community. Yesterday evening the boss received a phone call from a long time friend and a farm neighbor, he told us the young woman that had been killed was our neighbor and friend Anna. She lived a couple houses down from our main farm, she was a jogger and had been jogging late yesterday afternoon. Knowing Anna she was trying to get her run in before the storms came in. She was found on the side of the road about a half mile from the farm. She had been shot. My God what is this world coming to? Anna was a sweet and kind as any young women you would ever meet. She worked hard each and every day to provide for her children. She was a Godly young woman that sang in the church chior and taught Sunday school. My heart is breaking for this family. The boss and her father have traveled many a mile on disaster relief mission trips. They have not arrested anyone as yet but I pray that they will find the person that committed this horrendous crime. Please keep the Brown family in your prayers, I know where sweet Anna is but I can't imagine the pain that her family is suffering today.

gizmom

That's horrible! I also live in a small town and a young mother was murdered by her estranged husband a couple months ago. Rocked the community. Prayers for her family - and you as her friend!

Sad and appalling.

If this is a random act, you wonder why.

Hope you feel better soon. Getting back out on the farm will be big medicine.

According to Major Andrew Hobbs of the Escambia County Sheriff's office, "We do not believe this was a random act."
Investigators in the shooting of Anna Brown age 38 believe she knew her killer.
The Sheriff's Office has not released the name of any possible suspect.

Anna and our oldest son are just a year apart in age. We talked to her minister last night, he is also a good friend. He told us Anna had taught her Sunday school class yesterday morning. She always had a smile and a wave. She was a physical therapist so very fit. i would ride our mower over to mow her grass for her before she got her riding mower. She told me it was good for her to push the mower, but admitted she enjoyed running more than mowing. I just can't grasp how a person could be so evil to kill such a beautiful young woman.

Gizmom

It seems like people now days can kill someone a lot easier than a generation ago. It just seems there is no value put on a human life. Some say it is cause all the violence on tv but I ain't so sure. I think people just don't have the same amount of respect for each other as they use to.

Sorry for the family and friends of the lady sounds like she was a special person.

Gives me goosebumps, so horrific.
Will definitely keep Anna's family in prayer.
It's amazing how the happenings of 1 day can suddenly rock our world to the core.
Hope you are healing up from the "crud".

wacocowboy":vu3na7l7 said:
It seems like people now days can kill someone a lot easier than a generation ago. It just seems there is no value put on a human life. Some say it is cause all the violence on tv but I ain't so sure. I think people just don't have the same amount of respect for each other as they use to.

Sure seams that way. But according to statistics violent crime is down from what it was 20, 40 years ago. It could seem worse because with the internet, facebook, etc. we hear about crimes from all over the world everyday. When I was a kid it had to really be horrific to be on the national news, so mostly just heard about the stuff on the local news.

Either way, it's incredibly sad for this young lady's family and friends. I pray all may find peace in the Lord.

wacocowboy":2jqy2o7z said:

Sorry for the family and friends of the lady sounds like she was a special person.
Don't think TV has that much to do with it-less so in recent years where the police dramas show more of the carnage and the grief and loss of the families involved.
I think it has more to do with a lack of home training in morals and respect.Too many relaxed rules and not enough parenting by some.I know you can raise a child right and they still go bad but there's less chance if they have a strong,close family in their lives.Also too many "chances to turn their life around".Anyone can make a mistake but after two or three,its not a mistake anymore.To many criminals know they aren't going to get but so much out of a crime.That and a low sense of worth for themselves causing them not to really care what happens to them since their life is so messed up because of the above or unreal expectations for what life "owes" them.
Excuse the rant-had to get this off my chest in a public forum.

My sympathy to the family and people around.

wacocowboy":10syp95p said:

I believe both statements as true. A friend of mine lost her daughter to a home invasion after two of her male friends watched the movie Scream and wanted to know what killing someone felt like. I don't know what to make of it. I think it's a little of both. If the movie wasn't there would they still have those thoughts? If they had any morals would they have not had those thoughts?
Just my two cents. :2cents:

Still no arrest in Anna's murder. I was holding it together pretty good until last night when her daddy called the boss to see if he would be a pall bearer at the funeral. I don't know why but I just lost it. I tried to go a different route to the farm this morning so I wouldn't pass her house, bad idea because she was killed on the road on the route I used and someone had placed flowers at the site where she was found. She lived on one side of the farms front gate and was killed on the other side of the front gate no way to avoid the memories. I just want to always remember her sweet smile.

Gizmom

Latest posts