Heavy Heart

Help Support CattleToday:

Sorry to hear this... I live in a small town too, and I know a good portion of the town at least by name.. .10 years ago or so a friends mother (80 years old) was killed in her house by 3 young girls breaking and entering.
Last year another aquaintance of mine was beaten to death in his house, now I'm a bit conflicted about who he was as a person, he did deal drugs, but he was a kind and generous sort of guy.. guess there's a lot of other drug dealers I'd rather have seen offed.
I do think the internet increases our exposure to these things, I can't say if violent crime is up, or if the media is making things worse

JW IN VA":zznspew3 said:
I think it has more to do with a lack of home training in morals and respect.Too many relaxed rules and not enough parenting by some.I know you can raise a child right and they still go bad but there's less chance if they have a strong,close family in their lives.Also too many "chances to turn their life around".Anyone can make a mistake but after two or three,its not a mistake anymore.To many criminals know they aren't going to get but so much out of a crime.That and a low sense of worth for themselves causing them not to really care what happens to them since their life is so messed up because of the above or unreal expectations for what life "owes" them.
Excuse the rant-had to get this off my chest in a public forum.

My sympathy to the family and people around.
Well spoken, JW.

It quite potentially could be both Nesikep. Cause and effect of someone seeing something on the news then putting into their own heads and the cycle begins and keeps going and influencing other people.

We attended Anna's funeral on Saturday. My goodness what a sad day but a beautiful testimony to a beautiful young women. I have been struggling with how God could let this happen. I am so thankful for Brother Drayton he is a good friend as well as a wonderful minister. He spoke at the funeral, and the Bible passage he spoke on was

Psalm 121

1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Evil could kill Anna's body but Her soul had Devine protection.

Gizmom

It is hard to believe that sweet Anna has been gone for a year. To know that the evil person that took her life is still walking around free is just difficult to understand.

http://www.northescambia.com/2018/04/se ... s-memorial

Several on this forum have asked me to let them know if anything changes. This was in our local paper, if nothing else it comforts me to read her notes. I will see her again when the good Lord takes me home.

Gizmom

wacocowboy":20697mn9 said:
It seems like people now days can kill someone a lot easier than a generation ago. It just seems there is no value put on a human life. Some say it is cause all the violence on tv but I ain't so sure. I think people just don't have the same amount of respect for each other as they use to.

Sorry for the family and friends of the lady sounds like she was a special person.
The last generation legalized the murder of the innocent.
Can you really condemn this generation for walking the same path?

gizmom":3b6mx08m said:
It is hard to believe that sweet Anna has been gone for a year. To know that the evil person that took her life is still walking around free is just difficult to understand.

http://www.northescambia.com/2018/04/se ... s-memorial

Several on this forum have asked me to let them know if anything changes. This was in our local paper, if nothing else it comforts me to read her notes. I will see her again when the good Lord takes me home.

Gizmom

So sad. It's really hard to believe they have no leads yet are quite sure it was not "random." I hope (as in the guy they just arrested in Cal after several decades) that they never give up trying to solve this, and I hope that the perp never sleeps a wink, and is haunted by his actions

April 30th marks two years since Anna was murdered. Still no one has been charged, I know this has been a horrible burden on her family. I continue to pray that they will be able to make an arrest and the family can have some closure. Both her parents are suffering more than we could ever know or understand. The following article was in our local paper. http://www.northescambia.com/2019/04/a-mom-remembers-a-daughter-lost-as-search-continues-for-molino-womans-killer

Gizmom

It's a shame they haven't found the person responsible for this, it would at least provide some closure for the family.

gizmom said:
April 30th marks two years since Anna was murdered. Still no one has been charged, I know this has been a horrible burden on her family. I continue to pray that they will be able to make an arrest and the family can have some closure. Both her parents are suffering more than we could ever know or understand. The following article was in our local paper. http://www.northescambia.com/2019/04/a-mom-remembers-a-daughter-lost-as-search-continues-for-molino-womans-killer

Gizmom

I can relate knew this young girl.
The scum never revealed where her body is. I believe in torture in this case.
https://m.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/news/article/Shelley-Sikes-disappearance-Zwarst-parole-denied-12249397.php

Hope that sumbitch gets what's coming to him one way or another.. May karma be a proctologist with poor depth perception and more.

Caustic Burno said:
gizmom said:

Gizmom

I can relate knew this young girl.
The scum never revealed where her body is. I believe in torture in this case.
https://m.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/news/article/Shelley-Sikes-disappearance-Zwarst-parole-denied-12249397.php

I'm for torture for a lot of offenses. If it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt that you abused, killed, raped, an innocent person, especially a child, older person, or a woman, then I'm for gruesome torture. Always heard that the measure of how great a Comanche warrior was, was measured by his ability to torture a captive many days without killing them. The longer it lasted, the greater of a warrior he was. I'm for Comanche style. And put it live on TV. Desperate times call for desperate measures. It's time for there to be some consequences for actions of this nature. Not just prison. I can guarantee you one thing, you'd see this kind of senseless behavior slow way down. I know I'm an idiot, but I just got no tolerance for evil people. Gotta get their attention.

76 Bar said:
Tragedy. Hoping justice will eventually be served.

Oh it will be. Hopefully sooner than later. But I believe with all my heart he will get his. He better move to Alaska for a while. Because it's hot where he's headed.

I feel so sorry for Anna's family. I can't think of anything worse than losing one of my kids. I hope I never know what that's like.

Just wow, I don't know how I missed this for so long. Adair county ,Ok has one of the highest unsolved murder rates in the country. I have had a friend killed here over 20 years ago, a young lady was murdered in her apartment, in town, a couple of years ago, no leads. Just sickening.

The boss and I both have been heartbroken over this. Anna called Ronnie her cowboy, she would come to the farm with her kids and ride around on the gator with her cowboy. She was just a very special young lady. We see and talk to her parents and siblings just a beautiful family. Her brother shipped out to The Middle East in February, I pray for him daily I don't know if his parents could survive something happening to him. He was stationed in Georgia after Hurricane Michael he would volunteer with Ronnie's disaster relief crew on weekends, the boss said it was sure good to see Andrew show up he always had some of his Army buddies with him and they worked their hind ends off. Keep in mind the boss and his crew are all old retired farts so having young backs to man chainsaws was a huge blessing. That is the kind of people the whole family all have servant hearts.

Gizmom

Latest posts