Heating Up

Help Support CattleToday:

TCRanch said:
greybeard said:
I've never seen a single one of my cattle standing in the water..except one newborn-2day old that fell off in a deep canal.
(flood times being an exception)
Almost all of mine are white and/or red.

How 'bout darn near submerged?

And that would be Ole Roller?

Bright Raven said:
TCRanch said:
greybeard said:
I've never seen a single one of my cattle standing in the water..except one newborn-2day old that fell off in a deep canal.

And that would be Ole Roller?
Nailed it! :lol: Although all my girls love the water.

cowrancher75 said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
cowrancher75 said:
looks like that expensive mineral isn't working

Based upon what?

it was a joke.. they claim that mineral will keep them out of the water and grazing.

Gotcha. I just hope it will ease the symptoms a little. Fescue toxicity is still a force to be reckoned with.

Mineral is not going to stop cows from standing in water when it is hot.

And by the way, the last thing on this earth I need my cows doing is GRAZING. So if standing in water keeps them from filling their rumen with grass, I am all for it. Do my cows look like they need to spend more time grazing?

TCRanch said:
greybeard said:

Mine have been that way. Not all of them survived it.

Bright Raven said:

And by the way, the last thing on this earth I need my cows doing is GRAZING. So if standing in water keeps them from filling their rumen with grass, I am all for it. Do my cows look like they need to spend more time grazing?

they are looking a little on the skinny side

cowrancher75 said:
Bright Raven said:

they are looking a little on the skinny side

Seriously, I have some over conditioned cows. I am understocked for my forage. My cows can fill their gut grazing for an hour before bedtime. I am happy when they are not feeding their face.

Latest posts