Heat

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
109 degrees today. The 10 day weather forecast looks awful.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/76048

109°F today
High
111° 111° 110° 109° 109° 108° 106° 106° 106°
83° Low tonight
83° 83° 83° 83° 83° 82° 81° 81° 81°

The cows will need to waller in the mud like hogs to survive this. :)

wish we had half your temps at the moment it is supposed to be Summer and we don't seem to get two days of Sunshine, yesterday was dry but not to warm today dry and hot for here. Tomorrow they say rain, poss: thunder storms. Bl'dy English weather.

Weather man on radio today with long term forecast said winter will be warm and dry, doesn't look for much change till next March or April, sure got me to thinking about selling what few cows I have left :cry2:

I went and cut a tree at daylight after seeing the forecast for the week, telling myself needed to get this done while it was cool. Drought had got it and it had died. I hate cutting dead tree's when throwing it top broke and went the opposite direction, you guessed it right on top of the fence. By the time this was over didn't have a dry thread on me.
Sweat doesn't bother me or the heat, but when my socks get wet with sweat I am coming to the house and cleaning up.
Can't stand wet socks, well off to the shop working on the Bar B que pit got a bunch coming tomorrow for super and domino's.

We've been finish clearing land and putting fence and gates up. I don't get 1/2 hour before I'm drenched to my skivvies. Thinking about just wearing swim trunks. I burn too easy so going shirtless isn't an option. The wife sure is hating doing my laundry right now, going thru enough shirts in a day to make a whole load

we have had so much rain today, it almost filled the cement bucket to the top, as I was throwing it on the flowers my Son informed me that a family in the Third World would like it, I answered him 'How do I send it?' but by the time it got ther it would be bad.
hookline you mention skivvies...here in England a skivvy definition:- Chiefly British often contemptuous a servant, esp a female, who does menial work of all kinds; drudge

It's horrible, I wasn't made for this shyte. I'm thinking about just walking around naked. Maybe we should all just go nude till winter, they cant throw us all in jail....

Isomade":ttrxf2bq said:
It's horrible, I wasn't made for this shyte. I'm thinking about just walking around naked. Maybe we should all just go nude till winter, they cant throw us all in jail....
I'm in... Our weather has been fantastic. 130% of rainfall/snowpack and a cooler than normal summer but I'm still in. give me a few minutes to get my wife in on the deal and we'll be aaaaall set.

hooknline":1guymhpq said:
I thought that was the definition of 'winch'
a 'Wench' is a simular thing but usually not applied to the common servent girl....In the olden times when the big houses had servents the under parlour maid would be a 'Skivvy' a go for.
a wench would be a bar maid or a wanton woman.

Wow, I just checked an aviation weather site (6:30pm) and it is just 43 degrees celcius right now with a density altitude of 4100 feet.

For those of you who are like me and haven't converted to the metric system, 43 degrees celcius figures out to 109.4 degrees- so danged hot, I think I'll stay around the air conditioner for a while longer. :cry2:

It got up to 115 degrees here today sun has been down for about half an hour and it's still 100.
It's been hotter than a billy goat's but in a pepper patch.

Cal

Just go up to 89 today with a shower drops 4 inches spacing . Looked on the north side for icecles befor comming in the house.

chrisy":gk52i8hr said:
hookline you mention skivvies...here in England a skivvy definition:- Chiefly British often contemptuous a servant, esp a female, who does menial work of all kinds; drudge

hooknline":gk52i8hr said:
I thought that was the definition of 'winch'
:lol2: :lol: :lol2:

Chrisy......hookline was refering to his......"unmentionables".... or underwear ;-)

Caustic Burno":mn6l5y50 said:
Drought had got it and it had died. I hate cutting dead tree's when throwing it top broke and went the opposite direction, you guessed it right on top of the fence. By the time this was over didn't have a dry thread on me.

Don't feel bad, I dropped 3 pines on fences last weekend. Dropped 40 total, but 3 didn't want to cooperate. No real damage done, just had to restretch the wire