Hearts (The game)

Help Support CattleToday:

MULDOON

Reaction score
Where the Stars & Stripes ,, And the Eagle fli
Hearts.jpg
[/img]I know, I know.,,
To much time on my hands!!

the object is to have the lowest score,the first person to get to 100 loses the game .
it's real close to the game spades , but you don't have to bid how many "books' you'll catch.
I just wish that I could find some people to play with in person.
All our friends want to do is play poker for money.

I play it a lot in the middle of the night. In hundreds of games I've only ended up with zero twice, once I ran them 4 times in a row, talk about a fluke

dun

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great game! My mother, husband and I play Hearts together often. We play it a little differently though. The Queen of Spades is still 13 points but the Jack of Diamond is 13 points to the good. It adds another dimension trying to get the Jack and not the Queen.

Muldoon.... there is a website and you can play with real people (online that is) http://www.pogo.com

they have spades, chess, pool, hearts... and a bunch of other games.

Does anybody in real life ever play "pitch" anymore? When I was a kid my folks and 3 other couples used to get together every sunday night and play that and best I remember they did that for about 5 years or so.

MoGal":nubsnw2t said:
Does anybody in real life ever play "pitch" anymore? When I was a kid my folks and 3 other couples used to get together every sunday night and play that

Never heard of "Pitch". When we were younger, we and the "grownups" used to play spite-and-malice. Anybody else ever hear of this? From time to time, currently, some of us get together on Sat. nights and play Rummy 500.

Katherine

MoGal":1mc9l3gl said:
Muldoon.... there is a website and you can play with real people (online that is) http://www.pogo.com

they have spades, chess, pool, hearts... and a bunch of other games.

Does anybody in real life ever play "pitch" anymore? When I was a kid my folks and 3 other couples used to get together every sunday night and play that and best I remember they did that for about 5 years or so.

Pitch is a great game. Do you play with 5's ( you have a main 5 and a off 5 just like your Jacks, makes 17 possible points) or without 5's ( 7 possible points )? I've played both ways, the fives make it a little more interesting, for me anyway.

Spades is the best but Hearts isn't bad. Cribbage is a good game for 2 or 3 people. My wife and I enjoy most card games and play a little domino's also.

;-)

Never played it with 5's as a point.

deuce, jack, off jack, big joker, little joker, game and is the 7th point the ace? .... been years since I've played as you can tell.

MoGal":11s8h87q said:
Never played it with 5's as a point.

deuce, jack, off jack, big joker, little joker, game and is the 7th point the ace? .... been years since I've played as you can tell.
Yes the ace is the 7th point. When you play with the 5's they each are worth 5 points to bring the possible total to 17 points per hand. It just something that makes the game a little more interesting, at least to me.

;-)

Workinonit FarmWhen we were younger said:
Katherine, a little bit late, but yes, spite-and-malice...a lot of fun...would probably have to learn it all over again from my sister-in-law...we'd play, laugh, eat, play, laugh, drink, play, laugh, drink some more and laugh some more! (no wonder I can't remember how to play).

Hey, I've been meaning to ask if you're a member of the Central VA Cattleman's Assoc? If so, I'd sure like to meet you at the next meeting.
Gale

Gale Seddon":2tkk9k0j said:
Katherine, a little bit late, but yes, spite-and-malice...a lot of fun...would probably have to learn it all over again

Finally somebody from outside of the family that knows (used to) the game. I only remember bits and pieces.

I'll send you a PM

Katherine

Latest posts