Heart for kids

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Well after working non stop for 3 days I figured id go home and take care of my stock and such. I get home and greeted by wife informing me we are having house guests. These house guests are kids... I love them to death and feel sorry for them because of the parents they have. They stay here often... I want to say too often but its not the kids fault. I now have 5 kids from 1-10 running around screaming. 2 are mine others are not. Kids are here because the parents pissed money away on things they didn't buy any furnace oil. Kids were freezing last few days and the grandparents say the kids are too bad to come to their house so they ended up here. They do have behavior problems and act like wild animals but we make them listen and treat them as ours while here. They may come to visit ever so often but they are here more often cause they have no food and are hungry... The parents and grandparents are POS I don't mind feeding or keeping any kid warm but sometimes after being up a couple days with minimal sleep you just want to relax without shenanigans. What matters now is kids are warm and full I will have my time to sleep when they go home.

Good for you. I had a houseful of grandkids Christmas day and night and they about run me to the barn so I know somewhat how you feel. Bite your tongue, fill them up, warm them up and show them a lot of love .At least you'll know you did everything you could to help.

God bless you for that, there are alot of people that shouldn't have kids and the system is just not the best place for them. No other "good" relatives that they could go with I guess? It's of small consolation; but someday those kids will hopefully remember that your family was there for them and will make a difference in their life. Turning the POS parents in will probably not accomplish anything either, but I am sure it makes you want to ....
Try earplugs....

Sky just appreciate the fact that you can help the kids out. We're helping one of my daughter's friends out with school and keeping anything that's valuable to her because her mother will steal it and sell it for dope. Her mom even stole her dog and traded it for some dope. It's a real shame that kids have to put up with this kind of crap.

Sky, I'm on the board of a national non-profit that is specifically for the kids you are so generously taking care of. I can't thank you enough! Because the alternative is to remove them from their home - and as bad as it is, most kids don't want to be in foster care. Sending hugs and perhaps a stiff night cap? :)

And be sure to tell your wife how much you appreciate HER good heart too, right? Sounds like she bears the brunt of the extra chaos solo while you're out, no? ;)

Good on you. I get my fill of screaming kids real fast, even our own (grandkids and nephews/nieces).

Maybe work will pick up, or something equally pressing. I seem to find something else to be doing pretty quick.

Thank you Sky for you and your family's generosity. Those children are fortunate to have you in their lives, hopefully they will come to see a difference and will someday break the cycle.

Sounds like Sky deserves a big plate of food covered in cheese. I always feel bad for kids like that and I get to hear a bunch of sad stories when I teach foster parents CPR. One of my favorite things to do at Christmas time is to buy toys to donate to a charity for kids.

No good deed goes unpunished ;). And there isn't a more noble deed exists than caring for those babies.

You have a great wife that is willing to take the extra kids on, even if they were perfect little angels.

That heart for the kids is a BIG one. Somewhere in the future, the service you and your wife perform will make a difference. I hope you got some rest.

Maybe next time they come over you can teach them how to scald and scrape hogs. With that much help you should get it done in no time and maybe they will be too tired to be rambunctious at night and everyone can get some sleep.

Thanks all yea I do deserve the cheese plate who's making it? It was an adventure feel bad kids are stunted growth wise the 6 year olds size of a 3 year old and the almost 2 year old is about the size of a infant but walking. They ate like crazy which felt good to know they were eating a good meal. Jo funny you mention that cause I may be killing one today after I drop more salt in a few lots. I wonder if they will freak out if they watch.

skyhightree1":37xzcnti said:
Thanks all yea I do deserve the cheese plate who's making it? It was an adventure feel bad kids are stunted growth wise the 6 year olds size of a 3 year old and the almost 2 year old is about the size of a infant but walking. They ate like crazy which felt good to know they were eating a good meal. Jo funny you mention that cause im killing one today after I drop more salt in a few lots. I wonder if they will freak out if they watch.
Cheese is too expensive. How about a bowl of Velveeta??? :lol: :hide:

TexasBred":2arwy8az said:
skyhightree1":2arwy8az said:
Thanks all yea I do deserve the cheese plate who's making it? It was an adventure feel bad kids are stunted growth wise the 6 year olds size of a 3 year old and the almost 2 year old is about the size of a infant but walking. They ate like crazy which felt good to know they were eating a good meal. Jo funny you mention that cause im killing one today after I drop more salt in a few lots. I wonder if they will freak out if they watch.
Cheese is too expensive. How about a bowl of Velveeta??? :lol: :hide:

sure but you need to mix in some good chili :lol2:

skyhightree1":244l09ir said:
Thanks all yea I do deserve the cheese plate who's making it? It was an adventure feel bad kids are stunted growth wise the 6 year olds size of a 3 year old and the almost 2 year old is about the size of a infant but walking. They ate like crazy which felt good to know they were eating a good meal. Jo funny you mention that cause I may be killing one today after I drop more salt in a few lots. I wonder if they will freak out if they watch.

I bet they would enjoy it and maybe even enjoy helping.