Heard a new one today

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591":3lwdnfhl said:
ALACOWMAN":3lwdnfhl said:
slick4591":3lwdnfhl said:
I remember looking at them on the computer years ago. One reason this stands out is someone had a female priced at $20,000. They were calling them the "Backyard Breed" because they were suited for a small family raising a limited amount of beef.
if i put something in my backyard that cost 20.000 it better hold water, and have a diving board

:lol2: Then you better have another 20 grand to keep it going. I've owned one pool and it was a hole in the ground you put money into. :nod:

I'll second that one by the time I've cleaned the dam thing I never have time to use it

I guess those Mini Herfs are "cute" and some of them have decent phenotype, they look good in photos anyway, but I think you'd need a grass feed market to sell into. I bet on most days you would get killed at the sale barn with calves that lacked so much growth.

Kemosabe":ril97c0t said:
I guess those Mini Herfs are "cute" and some of them have decent phenotype, they look good in photos anyway, but I think you'd need a grass feed market to sell into. I bet on most days you would get killed at the sale barn with calves that lacked so much growth.

Yes, believe it or not, there is a world outside of the salebarn.

And as George said, small does not mean dwarf. Japanese people are smaller, but they are not dwarfs.

djinwa":1nghx7o7 said:
Kemosabe":1nghx7o7 said:

Yes, believe it or not, there is a world outside of the salebarn.

And as George said, small does not mean dwarf. Japanese people are smaller, but they are not dwarfs.
Not much of a market outside the salebarn tho or you'd see the things everywhere. You might sell a few private treaty if you could find another fool.

To each his or her own but I'd hate to get too far away from what sells well at the sale barn just in case the little niche market was to go south. Also, they wouldn't sell well at the sale barn because most feeders wouldn't want anything to do with them. They sure are cute though. :D

And I never called them dwarfs I just said they lacked growth.

Latest posts