healthcare for the homeless

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
How much healthcare should a vagrant get that is HIV positive and has lung cancer. How much money should we spend fighting the cancer?

Walt

grannysoo":2sfx2y8l said:
ga. prime":2sfx2y8l said:
How about all the prisoners receiving very costly HIV treatments for free?

And how about them sharing it with the other prisoners for free too? :dunce:

I was wondering myself if treatment works when you're getting reinfected every night.

TexasBred":1wwhakaz said:
grannysoo":1wwhakaz said:
ga. prime":1wwhakaz said:
How about all the prisoners receiving very costly HIV treatments for free?

And how about them sharing it with the other prisoners for free too? :dunce:

I was wondering myself if treatment works when you're getting reinfected every night.

Did you get arrested recently TB? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Txwalt":2krwwa51 said:
How much healthcare should a vagrant get that is HIV positive and has lung cancer. How much money should we spend fighting the cancer?

Walt
This is the same question as "How much money should a HIV positive woman/man get to cure their cancer as provided by the government?" ~ yes? I mean, if you take out the judgment, does it change the answer? And is not one person as worthy as others. And whose job is it to judge whether they are worth it? And whose place do you take if you make that judgment?

It is also the same question as "How much money should a man (Vietnam Vet), who is vagrant (who has lost his income and house due to PTSD left untreated by the governmet,), that is HIV positive (contracted during a blood tranfusion due to severe injury sustained while saving child from a burning building before tranfusion blood was tested), be provided for healthcare by the taxpayers, if he contracts lung cancer (due to agent orange that his own government sprayed on him)?

Hmmmmm.......

angie":3px2nt74 said:
Txwalt":3px2nt74 said:

Walt
This is the same question as "How much money should a HIV positive woman/man get to cure their cancer as provided by the government?" ~ yes? I mean, if you take out the judgment, does it change the answer? And is not one person as worthy as others. And whose job is it to judge whether they are worth it? And whose place do you take if you make that judgment?

It is also the same question as "How much money should a man (Vietnam Vet), who is vagrant (who has lost his income and house due to PTSD left untreated by the governmet,), that is HIV positive (contracted during a blood tranfusion due to severe injury sustained while saving child from a burning building before tranfusion blood was tested), be provided for healthcare by the taxpayers, if he contracts lung cancer (due to agent orange that his own government sprayed on him)?

Hmmmmm.......

All good points and gives us something to think about. I would think he would end up in a VA hospital. My question was open ended on purpose though. I wasn't necessarily talking about this new health care plan. I'm pretty sure the vagrant would get healthcare now. How much? I don't have a clue. But even if its just a hospital bed and trying to make him comfortable that still cost money.

Honestly I'm not sure where I stand on this type of thing yet.

Walt

Oh! And I do think some people are more worthy than others.

Walt

If every one had to pay for health care would be fairer. Here in Australia if you don't pay in to a private fund you may have to wait upwards of 2 years for a knee or hip replacement for example. But if you are in a fund you can get it done a lot earlier, a matter of weeks. But if you were to fall over and say fracture your hip and you were not into private health you would get it much sooner. In the country you do really need to be in a private health fund because you then can get a choice of which hospital you can be transferred to. Otherwise you just get sent to any public hospital irrespective of whether you have family/friends etc in that town or if its a long way off. Our state health is a mess we need to have a Federal system so that all hospitals are run the same.