health & nutrition

Help Support CattleToday:

kypops

Reaction score
I am new to cattle .I only have 2 heifer and 1 bull.
i think one of my cows is constaped, she holds her tail out all day so far . this is the first day i seen it. what can i give her that wont give her the scors?
they are about 1yr old + .
thanks ran

Yeah, like MM I am trying to think of other causes. I had a calf do this once, and the vet said it was a blockage ~ was trying to go to the bathroom, but could not. I don't know exactly how old she is, but is it possible she is bred? You have her with your bull? Any other symptoms?

kypops":1m0dll3d said:
I am new to cattle .I only have 2 heifer and 1 bull.
i think one of my cows is constaped, she holds her tail out all day so far . this is the first day i seen it. what can i give her that wont give her the scors?
they are about 1yr old + .
thanks ran

How long have you had them? Are they on pasture or in a pen? If in a pen, what are you feeding them? Have the heifers been with the bull since you got them? It is possible that she is bred and trying to calve. You might want to have her checked by a vet, as this could very well be a serious problem.

Thanks for the info, I bet she is bred. I did not know they hold their tail out after they were bred. Iam glad thanks a lot.

kypops":72yzdjpu said:
Thanks for the info, I bet she is bred. I did not know they hold their tail out after they were bred. Iam glad thanks a lot.

Their tail will sometimes look like a pump handle for an hour or so right after getting bred. It sort of looks similar to the very early signs of labor.

Latest posts