Headed to the barn

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog":1rj640rj said:
TexasBred":1rj640rj said:
True Grit Farms":1rj640rj said:
We need to figure out how to get the paper pushers out of the cattle market.
Why?? They are buying a product with a settlement price, a delivery date and a quantity and are bidding against others. Sounds like a market to me. A tool???? ;-)
Paper pushing creates a false market , traders should be required to take possession or have the ability at least . Then you would have a true supply /demand outlet .
Snoop many do take possession if it comes right down to it. Why is what they do any less of a market than you and me sitting at a sale buying cattle?? We're all trying to buy cheap and sell higher. A market.....the same market you probalby check every week before going to the sell so you'll know what you're cattle are worth. (does your sale barn really have a market when it only sells 150 head like some do???) Ever bought cattle at a sale barn and sold them before you left?? :shock: :shock:

TexasBred":2dppn6vt said:
snoopdog":2dppn6vt said:
TexasBred":2dppn6vt said:
Why?? They are buying a product with a settlement price, a delivery date and a quantity and are bidding against others. Sounds like a market to me. A tool???? ;-)
Paper pushing creates a false market , traders should be required to take possession or have the ability at least . Then you would have a true supply /demand outlet .
Snoop many do take possession if it comes right down to it. Why is what they do any less of a market than you and me sitting at a sale buying cattle?? We're all trying to buy cheap and sell higher. A market.....the same market you probalby check every week before going to the sell so you'll know what you're cattle are worth. (does your sale barn really have a market when it only sells 150 head like some do???) Ever bought cattle at a sale barn and sold them before you left?? :shock: :shock:
Come on TB, the majority of Wall Street traders don't know which end the grass goes in or which end it comes out, get real .

snoopdog":n66izuuq said:
TexasBred":n66izuuq said:
snoopdog":n66izuuq said:
Come on TB, the majority of Wall Street traders don't know which end the grass goes in or which end it comes out, get real .
TB I totally respect your opinion but I have to agree with snoopdog on this one. Most will never see cowshyte much less get it on their shoes.