Headed to S. Georgia

Help Support CattleToday:

Quail hunting, get on a charted bus in Clarksdale MS and ride down, hunt the next day and a
half and ride back. Going to Southern Pines but it's a paid for trip so I can handle that. Been their once before and had a great time.

HEY! I know a guy down there! YUP, his name is Joe or Jay or something? :???: I can tell you for SURE he will put you up. Maybe supply food and beverage some too. Ummmm, May be some snakes and stuff, keep in touch.

Welcome to my stomping grounds. Weather should be nice. I know where Southern Woods Plantation is but I don't know a Southern Pine. Don't mean much though cause there are a bunch of them in that area. Some don't even have signs. Is it south of Sylvester on 33? Beautiful country though.

Jogeephus":1qjuoqhd said:
Welcome to my stomping grounds. Weather should be nice. I know where Southern Woods Plantation is but I don't know a Southern Pine. Don't mean much though cause there are a bunch of them in that area. Some don't even have signs. Is it south of Sylvester on 33? Beautiful country though.
I'm sorry it's Southern Pine I forget.

I know right where you will be. You ought to have a wonderful time there. That's a nice place. Its a lot like my place only about 1000 times nicer. :oops: Will you be hunting bobwhite only or will there be other birds too? Sometimes some plantations will stick some chukars in the mix just to make things interesting.

Jogeephus":2gac8t6e said:
I know right where you will be. You ought to have a wonderful time there. That's a nice place. Its a lot like my place only about 1000 times nicer. :oops: Will you be hunting bobwhite only or will there be other birds too? Sometimes some plantations will stick some chukars in the mix just to make things interesting.
I think it will be bobwhite only. I've got a buddy in Alapaho (I don't think that is the correct spelling) I think he is about 40 miles from there but I'll have to check.

Its a small world. I know him, know his daddy better though. They are real good folks. Big supporters of the children in FFA and 4H. His dad and I sat together last night at a meeting sponsored by Pioneer Seed. He is a good guy. I often times try to find my way by their store at lunch time cause he cooks lunch for their help everyday and won't turn anyone else away either. Very hospitable people. And hard workers. If my history is right, his grandfather got off the train in Alapaha years ago with $5 in his pocket and started scratching a living out of the dirt raising sweet potatoes. While they don't grow sweet potatoes anymore they do grow about everything else - especially cotton. You need to rib him about how Hogzilla terrorized his little area of the state. ;-) You can tell him you know the guy that got the truck load of peanut butter that helped finish Zilla out. ;-) :lol2:

I heard part of the Hogzilla story when I was down there and it was pretty funny. On the whole trip it was Carl's brother in law, Jake Ford was in charge of doing everything. He did a great job with it. After we were several days into the trip is when we went by their place one afternoon & spent the rest of the day there and ate supper with all of them, it was one of the best stops on the trips.

kenny thomas":3e01ty47 said:
If Hogzilla was that big in GA imagine how big he would have been in TX.

I seriously doubt the whole hog could fit in the state if that were the case. :lol2:

jedstivers":3e01ty47 said:
I heard part of the Hogzilla story when I was down there and it was pretty funny. On the whole trip it was Carl's brother in law, Jake Ford was in charge of doing everything. He did a great job with it. After we were several days into the trip is when we went by their place one afternoon & spent the rest of the day there and ate supper with all of them, it was one of the best stops on the trips.

It would be hard to meet any better people than them. JMHO

Latest posts