head gates

Help Support CattleToday:

DPANTOJA

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good website were I can purchase head gates that are place in a row for calves. You see them on dairy farms. They lock when their head goes thru it to feed.

Thanks

I've looked for them for years and finally got some from a Teez cowcatcher in KS. Don't think they have a web site but they'll be at the farmfest in Springfield October 6-8. Just pop up or down as the case may be and have a look.

dun

Those Norbco deals look pretty much like the Teez ones but I didn;t see any small ones for calves. For cows you might look for an old dairy that has closed down or ask around an older dairy to see if they have them on their junk pile. The ones they will have are probably sized for cows but you can reverse engineer them for calves.

dun

the norbco headlocks are very nice, have a friend that has had them for several years. Very quiet... They have rubber around some of the moving parts so you dont hear the clanking when the cattle go in and out of them.... would be nice if the barn was near the house... One piece of advice I got when looking at these is to make sure the the bottom swings all the way over... if an animal goes down its head doesnt get stuck.... Norbco headlocks do this.... they run about $50 bucks a hole for the big ones....

They do have a "small", i dont have specs, but the medium ones are recommended for animals from 500 to 900 lbs... hope this helps

Latest posts