HE HAD 50 POUNDS

Help Support CattleToday:

It's not a waste to a young guy. I would have done the same thing. Today, with my old man goggles on it looks different.

TexasBred":1me68mr5 said:
Looks like a total waste of good expensive ammo to me.

You don't want to know how much I 'wasted' in my youth, doing the real thing. I learned real quick that after a long day of flying, it was a lot easier to carry cans of empty brass and links back to the hangar than unused full heavy cans of good ammo..

TexasBred":1krb9ijx said:
He did this once and said it was the quickest way to blow 40 bucks....never used it again...lol....but you gotta try it once right.. The 100 round mag belonged to my son in law. I use to refer him as bomb boy. If I heard explosions, I knew he was around. Now, he's married to my daughter...

M.Magis":2ltz9yjy said:
Not to mention the 1600 lbs of ammonium nitrate in his trunk.
We can only guess what he had planned for that stuff. CNN just said he had 150 pounds of tannerite...it keeps going up. I just don't understand why they aren't focusing on it rather than the bump fire.... just craziness

greybeard":3fqj0tqw said:
TexasBred":3fqj0tqw said:

You don't want to know how much I 'wasted' in my youth, doing the real thing. I learned real quick that after a long day of flying, it was a lot easier to carry cans of empty brass and links back to the hangar than unused full heavy cans of good ammo..
I know.....but you also had an almost unlimited supply "furnished" free.

cowgirl8":1yl4s5us said:
M.Magis":1yl4s5us said:
Not to mention the 1600 lbs of ammonium nitrate in his trunk.
We can only guess what he had planned for that stuff. CNN just said he had 150 pounds of tannerite...it keeps going up. I just don't understand why they aren't focusing on it rather than the bump fire.... just craziness
Two reasons. One, he didn't use it.
Two, gun talk gets more viewers. Antis love these nut jobs because it helps push people over to their side of the issue.

I don't know what a bump stock is. I haven't been watching any of the news. I figure they are focusing on the tannerrite so they can get it banned. To them it looks like legal dynamite.

Craig Miller":1rz9efhp said:
I don't know what a bump stock is. I haven't been watching any of the news. I figure they are focusing on the tannerrite so they can get it banned. To them it looks like legal dynamite.

A device that uses the recoil of the weapon to cycle the trigger repeatedly. Basically makes a semi auto function like a full auto.

Atimm693":3vqorqt4 said:
Craig Miller":3vqorqt4 said:

A device that uses the recoil of the weapon to cycle the trigger repeatedly. Basically makes a semi auto function like a full auto.
I posted a video of my son shooting one if you want to see at the beginning of this thread. Caught his gun on fire. Had a 100 round mag on it.
Has anyone seen the video of a news reporter shooting one to demo how they work. Had a gun with a suppressor and a grenade launcher on it, for show i'm sure...lol... I haven't seen it, but watched my husband and son watching it on his phone and both were laughing. I didn't have on glasses so I couldn't see it...but seeing them laugh is all I needed to see... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbkjniQm-wI

wacocowboy":3ot76pgi said:
TexasBred":3ot76pgi said:

It's fun between time spent in Honduras and Mexico I've fired some full autos it is a thrill.
I suppose so as long as no one is shooting back at you. Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling up your leg?????

TexasBred":3i6gs973 said:
wacocowboy":3i6gs973 said:
TexasBred":3i6gs973 said:

It's fun between time spent in Honduras and Mexico I've fired some full autos it is a thrill.
I suppose so as long as no one is shooting back at you. Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling up your leg?????

I like shooting guns just for fun, but I've been in a few situations where bullets were flying in my direction.

Speaking of tannerite, you figure it would be a good way to blow up a big stump? Bore a big hole in it and put a bunch in, shoot it from a nice distance?

wacocowboy":3ub9u2tf said:
TexasBred":3ub9u2tf said:
wacocowboy":3ub9u2tf said:

I like shooting guns just for fun, but I've been in a few situations where bullets were flying in my direction.
All aimed at you????

Nesikep":12gepvql said:
Speaking of tannerite, you figure it would be a good way to blow up a big stump? Bore a big hole in it and put a bunch in, shoot it from a nice distance?
I think there are youtubes of people doing that...

TexasBred":8ir5qjdv said:
wacocowboy":8ir5qjdv said:
TexasBred":8ir5qjdv said:

All aimed at you????

When I lived in Honduras we had problems with people robbing us. Most times you could shoot in the air and they would drop what they were stealing and run. Twice they decided to shoot back being it was dark don't know what they aimed at just seen the flash.

Nesikep":s6si3jhy said:
That would be off label use I think, but I've "heard" it can be used for stump removal. I think..(therefore I am) it would be necessary to dig a small hole under the stump and place the stuff in the hole. Off course, that means having to shoot it from an elevated position in order for the bullet path to have the right angle to hit the package..using something like a Weatherby 270 and a good scope shooting from something elevated like the seat of an old 480 Case backhoe would 'probably work ok from about 150 yards out. It would probably just split the stump about 50% of the time..

Latest posts