He could face the death penalty?

Help Support CattleToday:

Well the Constitutional text says "... nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

It says person, not citizen or even legal alien. This has been settled law since the 19th century. Even James Madison said that the Constitutional rights applied to non citizens.

molbadger":2xrrv5ed said:
Well the Constitutional text says "... nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

It says person, not citizen or even legal alien. This has been settled law since the 19th century. Even James Madison said that the Constitutional rights applied to non citizens.
The 6th Amendment also states; In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial..... Seems that nothing that goes through the court system is speedy. I wonder how many Public defenders he will go through? How many tax dollars wasted? How many months or years the trials and appeals will go on? With the likes of him, maybe he should be released, and someone like Grit can deal with him.....say maybe from a tall building. Like, as soon as he steps out on the court house steps. Everyone seems to agree that the U.S. has the right to do the same type of thing overseas. So why not here?

zirlottkim":227pfy7q said:
molbadger":227pfy7q said:

The 6th Amendment also states; In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial..... Seems that nothing that goes through the court system is speedy. I wonder how many Public defenders he will go through? How many tax dollars wasted? How many months or years the trials and appeals will go on? With the likes of him, maybe he should be released, and someone like Grit can deal with him.....say maybe from a tall building. Like, as soon as he steps out on the court house steps. Everyone seems to agree that the U.S. has the right to do the same type of thing overseas. So why not here?
A suspected terrorists killed by the US had a real speedy trial, about 3,000 fps. I hate using suspected and killed in the same sentence. I like the idea of killing terrorists, it's a great idea. I sure hope we don't start killing just suspects in the US of A. Once someone admits or is found guilty, time should be up. This idiot admitted killing the cops and said he want to kill more. GUILTY take him out back and turn his lights out.

zirlottkim":3v6bvsp5 said:

Bad idea. Grit would be setting up to shoot, get distracted by a security guard walking out of a building for a smoke break, be overwhelmed by feeling unsafe and shoot the security guard.

I've been asking for years why we delay execution in cases of absolute guilt.

Take the case of Joseph Duncan in my area over ten years ago. He first raped a boy at age 16. Years later after other crimes, let out of jail, cruises through Idaho on the freeway, sees kids playing outside. Comes back that evening, and ties up family. Beats mom, dad, and older brother to death with a hammer. Takes younger brother and sister to the mountains where he rapes them, and tortures and kills the boy. And he videotaped it! Which the jury had to watch.

He came back to town with the girl and was arrested. He admitted to other killings. Is he dead? Over ten years later, the answer is no.

A few years ago, a guy up to no good grabbed a cops gun and killed him in Idaho. It was on the cop's body cam. They finally convicted him a couple months ago, and gave him the death penalty. I don't expect it will ever happen.

A couple days ago they let a 3rd degree sex offender out of jail in central Washington. Within 24 hours he beat and raped a gas station attendant. They caught him leaving the gas station. Shouldn't take more than a couple days to string him up.

I get it if there is any doubt, to hold off executions, but we can't do it even if it is 100% obvious.

Good money for lawyers, judges, court workers, jails, etc, etc.

Latest posts