Hazy skies....

Help Support CattleToday:

This thread doesn't have that particular article (still searching) but includes one from Forbes

And the original thread:

I was talking to my neighbor about this Bootleg fire. He has a good friend who ranches on what would be the western edge of the fire. I said it is a good thing that fire is going to the east. He said at last count they had found 50 dead cows. The cost of this fire is going to be huge. It is burning Forest Circus ground and sparsely populated ranch country. But at last count 67 homes gone. Over double that in "other structures". Undoubtedly a huge number of cows. Millions of board feet of timber both public and private. There is 2,250 personal fighting the fire, a couple hundred engines, a lot of aircraft. The leading edge is over 20 miles wide. Directly in line is the little town of Paisley less than 10 miles in front of it. The only good news is once it gets past there it will run out of timber. From Paisley on to the east is nothing but sage brush and grass for 100+ miles. It will be easier to fight and stop out in that country.

Found it.
Thanks TC I am not much on the tech stuff. I looked last night but that's above my pay grade.

I looked up and figured some things about the fires going in Washington and Oregon right now. There is 15 fires over 200 acres in the report. A total of 649,016 acres which averages to 43,267 acres per fire. The total personel fighting those fires is 6,883 which averages to 458 people per fire. Lots of over time. Those getting close to retirement that over time helps to increase their retirement. And of course those close to retirement are the people in supervisor positions.

And the original thread:
Good digging! Thanks. There is a lesson in that message, for sure.

We stayed in Estes Park Co. last week and the haze was there no doubt. Depending on the breeze as to how bad it was

Latest posts