Haying this week in Alabama

Help Support CattleToday:

Nowland Farms":2zoxoyus said:
Alabama, I believe I will hold onto this hay.

Dub, it's a JD435 baler which I understand will make 4x4. 4x5, 4x6 bales.

Another question for you folks here in Alabama, Who do you use to test your hay? How do you take the samples? I've never had my MaxQ hay tested but think I might have this hay tested to truely see what the soil requirments are.

Where else?

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/agrn//soiltest.htm

Do it Rod. Then you'll know what you have. Have the complete forage test done.

Nowland Farms":1rmi53rr said:
Gertman,

If I were to sell it would probably be $50 per roll. Years past, I would estimate what I needed and sell the rest. Last years drought from June thru thru August and this year drought since middle of March has gotten me worried about having grass/hay for my cows. I believe I will hold on to my hay for now.

As far as the Kubota, it's a 7040 with the schuttle shift, based on my personal experience I highly recommend the orange tractor. Folks on here will argue on the merits of green tractors and they have valid points. But as the local dealer who owns both a Kubota dealership and a JD dealership told me a few years back, he can sell me more oragne tractor than he can green tractor for the same amount of money. I am lucky, the Kubota dealer is owned by a guy I went to school with and one of the salesmen is a neighbor of mine. I recomend the Kubota.

The only thing negative I have heard about a Kubota was from a friend of mine who just bought one a couple of years back. He said that the tractor would jar you to death especially during a days riding in it.

Never had that problem with the seat. It bounces my bottom up and down with a nice cushioned ride. Don't remember if it is spring loaded or air ride but it's great. Turn the air conditioner on, tune the am/fm/CD player into a nice country station and you can spend hours on the tractor...........

Latest posts