Haying rates 2015??

Help Support CattleToday:

TANK30705":36f3bn55 said:
Whats the going price to cut hay with disc mower, per hour hour? or per acre?
Tedder?
Rake?
Roll 4x5s?

for $ 150.00 per bale I will come do everything you wanted if you have atleast 300 acres of hay :cowboy:

Google Iowa State University Custom Rate Survey, it's a ways from home but could give you a rough idea.

heres how we are valueing cutting raking and baling this year.$8 a bale to cut.$8 a bale to rake.$14 to bale a 5 by 6 bale.

bigbull338":2uolh7d8 said:
heres how we are valueing cutting raking and baling this year.$8 a bale to cut.$8 a bale to rake.$14 to bale a 5 by 6 bale.

That sounds alittle high. How much would it cost to buy a 5-6 roll in your area?

bigbull338":2q61z0t2 said:

Just because I'm contracting baling for the first time, how many 5x6 bales to make a ton? My guy is charging $75 per ton to cut, rake and bale small squares. $2.25 per bale, approximately 60lb bales= 33.333333 per ton. Trying to gather all info possible, thanks, Alan

the 5 by 6 bales sell for $45 to $60 bale if you can find them.most all the hay here thats for sale is 4 by 6 bales.last year we paid $8 bale to have our hay cut.if we was custom baling we would charge $32 a bale.alan we run our 567 baler as tight as we can get it.that sdaid i figure our bales weight 1800 to 2000lbs.so it would take 30 sq bales to equal 1 of our bales

here fert or un fert they will bale it doesnt matter.but on small meadows they charge a 3 bale minum.so if you have 20acs to bale itll cost you $75 an ac unless it makes over 3 bales to the ac.2yrs in a row we have turned down small baling jobs for 1 reason.we dont custom bale.

Latest posts