Haygrazer comparison

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence said:
Another picture of sugar cane aphids. . I've cancelled everything and going to get this field cut today.

Nasty little critters. How did the cutting come out? The delayed maturity super sugar I planted a couple years ago was aphid resistant and I only found a few in it. I had a different variety planted a half mile away upwind that was hit hard by the sugar cane aphids.

callmefence said:
Just cut the last field it was planted late, well into may. Three way cross looks pretty good but starting to flounder in the heat. I don't see it recovering without good rain and I usually put oats here early September. After the hays off I'll let the cows clean it up and go ahead and disc it.

Cows may get this if I can't get the second cutting knocked down this week. The sugar cane aphids have arrived.

Might contact TAMU folks at Overton, Tx. or read some of their "penned" literature. In 2014 they hit me for the first time and I notified them, wondering what was this that had invaded my beautiful field of SS. Had a real thorough response from them. Very impressive bunch of Ph.Ds.

So third cutting on the late maturity. I could have waited, should have waited it's not thinking about heading out. I wanted to get it off and get oats in.KIMG0076.JPG

And a field of the tridan regular three way cross. Definitely going to seed. I guess I see more advantage to the late maturity on the last cut where it's often good to let it go right up to frost.KIMG0119.JPG

The bulls have been grazing the regrowth for a couple of weeks after baling. I've heard short haygrazer is toxic, never had a problem letting the cattle clean up the fields.KIMG0222.JPG

Latest posts