Hay trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

Weaver

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a self unloading hay trailer. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts and experiences were with them and a ballpark figure on what I would have to pay.

I bought an Easy Hauler 9 roll trailer a while back. It's well worth the money cause it is safe, fast, easy to unload and will cut down on having to have a tractor and a front end loader at the place you load and unload the hay. Can't remember the cost though. Just a suggestion, try to get someone to go in halves if possible.

Edit: The only bad thing I can say about it is that it is long. If you are not good at compensating for trailer drag you'll need to learn quickly.

I've got one like this 4-bale unit and I paid $1500 for it new.

It stays hooked all winter to a worn out 4x4 nissan (pasture and county roads only) and it's really handy. I usually put out two bales every other day so with the little truck and trailer I only have to crank up the tractor every fourth day.

01216589.jpg

Jogeephus and Subsoil, thanks for your comments and help. I have hay fields scattered all about and its a pain trying to make sure you have a loader tractor at the load and unload spots. Thought a trailer would sure simplify things. Trying to sift through makes and models.

Subsoil, do you know what's the brand of your trailer?

Mine is a Winco built in Paris Texas.

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=5062206&guid=B12D64C9E3214AA3BE7795F6D3B1B046

Might give them a call to see if dealers are in your area.

If you using the trailer for feeding in the winter, the type I have is good. If it's just for transport out of the field, the gooseneck styles that dump the full load at once would be better.

10789269965.gif

http://heavybiltmfg.com/

6balew.gif

hayliner2.gif

http://www.hayvans.com

orangeOxFrontAngleView.jpg

http://orangeox.com

There's lots of companies making these styles of trailers now. Just shop around for the best price.

If money is no object, you might try this type and not even need a front loader.

1400layout_04.jpg

Side Tip: When working by yourself, you can fill the trailer then on the last bale leave the spear in the bale and throw a chain around the end of the trailer and the frame of the spear and move your tractor where you are going to need it next in the field. Unhook it and when you come back, you don't have to walk to your tractor.

Jogeephus":rzpv8koa said:
Side Tip: When working by yourself, you can fill the trailer then on the last bale leave the spear in the bale and throw a chain around the end of the trailer and the frame of the spear and move your tractor where you are going to need it next in the field. Unhook it and when you come back, you don't have to walk to your tractor.

HUH? :?: :?: :?: :oops: :cry:

JMichal":1zvqsdem said:
Jogeephus":1zvqsdem said:

HUH? :?: :?: :?: :oops: :cry:

That's what I thought till I saw it done. :lol:

Jogeephus":nkvzj1b2 said:

:stop: This man's a professional. Kids...DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.

Subsoil":1wy9ynbv said:
Jogeephus":1wy9ynbv said:

:stop: This man's a professional. Kids...DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.

Professional??? I was thinking lazy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd bet all of us could use a little walking from time to time.

cfpinz

Jogeephus":xfi5gwym said:

That is good.... I salute you. :cboy::drink:

Jogeephus":1i20tvei said:

What how when??

Do the front wheels just follow ? Seems like they would want to turn sideways.

Latest posts