Hay time

Help Support CattleToday:

Average elevation is 1500 ft and no we can't compare with many of the western mountain ranges but we are the southern end of the Appalachian mountains. Our area would probably be considered a plateau because of the flatness. But if you have to go to Huntsville, Gadsden or Chattanooga you know the drive up or down is a bit of a climb .

Average elevation is 1500 ft and no we can't compare with many of the western mountain ranges but we are the southern end of the Appalachian mountains. Our area would probably be considered a plateau because of the flatness. But if you have to go to Huntsville, Gadsden or Chattanooga you know the drive up or down is a bit of a climb .
Looks like a beautiful farm. And even that little bit of elevation sure helps with the heat.
How large is the plateau?

18 miles wide on average, at one time had the distinction of being the most heavily populated rural area in the nation. Or so my high school democracy and basketball coach use to tell us .

Back to the hay thing; we are making about half what we normally make . We didn't fertilize as heavy as we normally do but I think it was more a factor that it has been a cooler, dryer spring . We carried over 250 barn stored rolls and that may be our savior if we don't meet our goal .

Nice looking hay field. I wish we had a little more of that here. A lot of this country is sort of built on edge. I am too far west to be in the Rockies. Sort of on the southeastern edge of the Blue Mountains and the beginning of the high desert. That mountain in the picture is Eagle Cap in the Wallowa range. It is 9,595 feet tall. Probably the tallest one in the Blues. Going to the grocery store, gas station, or anything else I climb up about 1,300 feet and descend down the other side. As I often say on here it is a big old world with lots of differences. A mountain to me is different than a mountain where you are. A nice day to you is probably too darn hot for me. And so on....

Latest posts