Hay tarps

Help Support CattleToday:

I've only tarped hay once. It was used billboard tarp. Wasn't blowed away with it. Well........A hay barn was supposed to be started middle of next week, and now that's not happening. Revisited my old thread on the matter. Somebody recommended 6 mil silage plastic. Anybody got any input or suggestions on the matter? Silage plastic, used billboards, actual hay tarps????
Have you used net wrap. Is it a option.
I understand you probably get over twice the rain I do. But a good tight netwrap bale. Especially if you double wrap. Stored on a gravel pad keeps very well uncovered. They shed rain many times better than string tied bales.

Have you used net wrap. Is it a option.
I understand you probably get over twice the rain I do. But a good tight netwrap bale. Especially if you double wrap. Stored on a gravel pad keeps very well uncovered. They shed rain many times better than string tied bales.
I have bought net wrapped hay, and agree, it does the trick. Currently running an old vermeer rebel, that net is not an add on for. If it was just a touch newer. Net wrap is one of those things on the farm that'll actually pay for itself. I can get about half my hay inside now, so it's not a huge deal breaker.I probably won't stack and tarp all of my outside hay. If I feed the last cutting first, it can sit out with minimal loss.

Have you checked in to hoop barn? I can't seem to find one I'm looking for. We got lucky found a brand new one off Craigslist.