hay rake

Help Support CattleToday:

rjr1414

Reaction score
Does anyone know the fix for this? I have a 10 wheel Sitrex v-rake that has 2 cylinders, with up and down pressure. When lifted to turn around or travel in field, one or the other side will drift down and other side raises. On hill sides the rake has nearly turned over on two separate ocassions. The cylinders T and connect to one remote. It will drift even when not connected to tractor. Thanks, Ron

Have you switched ports on the tractor? If it still does it most likely one of the packing is leaking by in one of your cylinders. If you do not have it all the way up it will do this.

sounds like you need todo 1 or 2 things to the cylinder.1 change where you plug them into your hydro valves on the tractor.an see if it still leaks down.2 you can rebuild or replace the hydro cylinder.

I doubt it is the remote as both cylinders would do the same thing if it was the remote, sounds like the seals in one of the cylinders is gone.

tom4018":hoglm350 said:
I doubt it is the remot as both cylindrs would do the same thing if it was the remote, sounds like the seals in one of the cylinders is gone.

I agree, The cylinder that is going down is leaking past the seal.

If both cylinders are not fully extended the headspace in them can shift fluid from one cylinder to the other and cause the sides to raise/lower at the same time since they are plumbed parallel. If both rams are against their respective stops there is no room to shift unless the packing is bad. Try raising the rake all the way and see if it shifts, if it does at full extension then you have a problem. The cylinders could be plumbed in series making one a "pusher" if you have two hoses to the tractor and dual acting cylinders.

Latest posts