Hay prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Ceddlove134

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Sedric from East Texas. What are you guys getting on your square bales of fertilized hay out the field during hay season. Mainly interested around southern Arkansas and Oklahoma. My brother has horses and feeds fertilized square bales and they are hard to come by in these parts or they are 12-15.00 a square bale.

Sedric

Squares are getting hard to come by in East TX. We know a man that does Jiggs and Tifton squares bundled with a bale bandit and does very well at it. I don't know what the price per bale was this year but last I checked he was just too high for me. I'd guess the $10-12 range would be close. Have you looked into the big alfalfa squares? Might be a cheaper option.

Current hay prices in North Georgia
Are people actually paying those prices in your area? I delivered a load of 3x4x8 Alfalfa to just outside Chatsworth a month ago. Bales averaged 1500# and horse quality with the tests to prove it cost $260 per bale delivered. I thought that was a crazy high price but I was just the truck driver.

Yes !!
That is from Cherokee Feed & Seed Ball Ground Georgia.

We feed about 200 rounds to cattle yearly and also buy sq for horses. We have to buy hay.

We tried to buy land for hayfield a few years ago...but there is a building boom killing the area. $$$$
I was actually through Ball Ground GA last Monday. The 4 way stop on the hill must be a killer on trucks. There was a wreck on 20 so my GPS sent me out through the country.
I deliver a horse trailer about once a month to Horse Pro on the west side of Gainesville. That area around the lake is growing faster than anywhere I travel.

Well I guess you will be delivering a Combo trailer to us in March! We bought one from Brandon about 4 months ago. Supposed to be ready in a few months.
I would love to meet you there with it if you ordered a Kiefer. Let me know when he says it's coming. Last time I ask the factory was a year.behind. maybe we could load you some horse hay on It and help with the haul bill.

No free hay hauling then. Lol
They had a new Exiss there last Tuesday that had just came in.
I had to look up the specs to understand why they are lighter and cheaper. Hope you get it soon. All companies are way behind. Several companies including Exiss were not taking any new orders a while back. Materials are terribly hard to get it seems. The one on the lot near you sure looks nice but I didn't get up close.

No I Ordered an Exiss combo.

Exiss back in the day was a great trailer. I loved the one I had. I haven't been close to a new one in about 5 years so not sure how they are now. A stock combo is hard to beat for a trailer design, handy as a shirt pocket.

Those Keifer's are a good trailer too, plus they come with the opportunity to meet the legend that is Kenny Thomas!

Exiss back in the day was a great trailer. I loved the one I had. I haven't been close to a new one in about 5 years so not sure how they are now. A stock combo is hard to beat for a trailer design, handy as a shirt pocket.

Those Keifer's are a good trailer too, plus they come with the opportunity to meet the legend that is Kenny Thomas!
That's why they cost extra. Not

Those Keifer's are a good trailer too, plus they come with the opportunity to meet the legend that is Kenny Thomas

Legend, indeed!

Latest posts