hay price in a drought

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle said:
i'm sorry i lied. I said I was going to let this rest but after recieving more emails about others being berated adnd questioned by la4angus, I had to call him out once and for all. You list a bull that you are not a listed owner of. you hide behind your screen name. your name is Lloyd Aylsworth of Aylsworth Angus; 337 584-2912.
http://www.aylsworthangus.com
I am not a listed owner for the simple fact that the American Angus Assn only allows 3 people or firms to be listed as owners. We formed a syndicate to purchase First Edition and I am part of the syndicate. Before you make accusations about me maybe you should check your sources, as there are 10 members of this syndicate. I don't think that the other members that are not listed as owners would look very highly at being called liars either.

plbcattle":1qc0p0i4 said:
i'm sorry i lied. I said I was going to let this rest but after recieving more emails about others being berated adnd questioned by la4angus, I had to call him out once and for all. You list a bull that you are not a listed owner of. you hide behind your screen name. your name is Lloyd Aylsworth of Aylsworth Angus; 337 584-2912.
http://www.aylsworthangus.com
now maybe you wont have as many negative things to say about people now that you can't hide any longer. You say that you have bought several high lots at angus sales and are known by sale managers. WOW. do a google search of you,your name, your cattle farm nothing comes up. next time you try to use false info to impress people you might want to have something better to use as ammo. You started this and you all but called me a liar and all the pm I have recieved from the good people on this board have said you have had questionable motives in the past. I don't know you nor have i ever done anything to you. BUT i will give you a little advice, next time before you accuse or make false accusations, you better know what you are talking about. I had hid nothing from this board and I enjoy using it to communicate with others about cattle. We don;t need or want post like this. I started this about hay and you attacked me about my bull sales.maybe next time you will remember this when you attack someone just trying to stir up some crap. and to the rest of the board I am sorry this went this far but I can't allow someone to question me or basically call me a liar without defending myself.

Just so you know he is a listed owner, and everything he told you is the truth. I will put my reputation on it.

plb --- FWIW, Lloyd wasn't trying to hide his identity; he posted his full name, as well as some other info about his interest in the Hoff bull, here on the open forum long ago. Probably long before you became a member. Obviously, only a very few of the CT members post their real names and other related info.

thats the difference between you and me, I didn't say you weren't an owner. I stated you weren't a listed owner. I turned the tables and you fell hook,line and sinker. It doesn't feel good to be accused of something that is false. oh by the way. I wish I could be a tenth owner of a bull like that one day. you are continuing to prove my point

plbcattle":3d7o1v1l said:
thats the difference between you and me, I didn't say you weren't an owner. I stated you weren't a listed owner. I turned the tables and you fell hook,line and sinker. It doesn't feel good to be accused of something that is false. oh by the way. I wish I could be a tenth owner of a bull like that one day. you are continuing to prove my point

Sht, you turn your story around so fast, it's hard to tell what you are saying.

Hello all,

I have a different question. I am just a country boy, you have bull, bull likes cows (unless you are medic), cows have babies. Calfs make money.

I understand the concept of AI.

But how do you make money owning a tenth of a bull. Does he do any natural service?
Do you just own semen interest?
do you only get semen interest?
How much is he insured for?
How is a bull that takes ten people to buy worth?

Thanks so much

MD

Meanwhile back at the ranch.......come on guys! Let it rest! Maybe its the heat or something....hmmm!.

By the way,I have heard a rumor that hay is going for as much as $60.00 a roll in central Arkansas. Pray for rain..... :shock: :cboy:

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":3eq6kp5f said:
Meanwhile back at the ranch.......come on guys! Let it rest! Maybe its the heat or something....hmmm!.

By the way,I have heard a rumor that hay is going for as much as $60.00 a roll in central Arkansas. Pray for rain..... :shock: :cboy:
Head east to Tennessee, we'll have plenty, if you need some! 25.00 for 5x6's.Fescue/ Orchard Grass

$60 OUCH latest thing on the noteboard at the feed store
4x5 bales red clover and stems(oops) grass is $30 in the field.
about $10 higher than usual.

Crowderfarms":bqstsb32 said:
SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":bqstsb32 said:

Head east to Tennessee, we'll have plenty, if you need some! 25.00 for 5x6's.Fescue/ Orchard Grass

Thanks...I will keep that in mind.... I think I would drastically cut my herd before I paid that much.:( :cboy:

Crowderfarms":yb2r28p8 said:
SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":yb2r28p8 said:

I found some hay for $20 a roll (5x6) but it was going to cost $15 a roll to get it delivered.

WORANCH":14pf04dc said:
Crowderfarms":14pf04dc said:
SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":14pf04dc said:

I found some hay for $20 a roll (5x6) but it was going to cost $15 a roll to get it delivered.
How far was the haul from you?

Crowderfarms":8kkdmufm said:
WORANCH":8kkdmufm said:
Crowderfarms":8kkdmufm said:
SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":8kkdmufm said:

How far was the haul from you?

It was about 180 miles . I did find some closer but a little higher . It came to about 29 a roll .

Hey plbcattle, I would like for you to tell us where I called you a liar on the first page of this thread; I see where you insinuated that you were lying but never did I call you a liar first.
Please show it to us from the first page of the thread.

$29 is a steal for good hay. Mine costs more than that and I raise and cut myself!

Until this year I was getting net wraped Bermuda for $23 delivered.
That's why I stoped baling hay, I could buy it cheaper . I just added more cows and grazed the hay fields. the extra calves more than payed for my hay.

I was getting $40/roll (5x6) last year. Time will tell what happens this year. Ag dept down here reporting FL is having a hard time harvesting due to rain. I took the risk and cut about 10 acres this past week and thank heaven it rained around us within 1/8 mile but didn't get to us. I suspect the going rate to be $40/roll again. Not too many around me baling anymore.

Latest posts