hay forks for tractor bucket

Help Support CattleToday:

TX,

Are looking for forks or are you just wanting a simple hay spear that mounts on your bucket that is easy to take on or off?

I have one that I can take pictures of if you are looking for a spear.

Let me know.

Nowland Farms":1g9jxevl said:
TX,

Are looking for forks or are you just wanting a simple hay spear that mounts on your bucket that is easy to take on or off?

I have one that I can take pictures of if you are looking for a spear.

Let me know.

I haven't really decided on hay forks or just a spear. Whatever it is, I want it to be easy to remove from the bucket. Any pictures you have would be appreciated.

Tx,

I found this picture on ebay. It is similar to what I have and was talking about. Will try to get pictures of my in next day or so. I takes about a couple of minutes to put it on and take it off.

69_1_b.JPG

I am getting ready to build one for one of my tractors with the quick disconnect bucket. I have purchased the top spear and two bottom spears off of ebay. I plan to make it a quick attach unit also. I also have an old Ford with FEL and it does not have quick disconnects. You have to drive the pins out to get the bucket on and off. What I did on that one was make some brackets that would connect to the arms and use the same pins as the bucket to attach these brackets. I then use any three point hay fork but I install an additional set of pins towards the top of the forks. This is a four point connection and allows me to lift and tilt with the loader just as with the bucket. I don't use the bucket very often so that one pretty much keeps the hay forks on it.

Dun, has some pallet forks. He offered them to me but I think shipping was a gazillion bucks or two.

flaboy-":2r21c0hv said:
Dun, has some pallet forks. He offered them to me but I think shipping was a gazillion bucks or two.
They're spoken for and will soon be on their way north

dun

Nowland Farms":2d8m0nse said:
Tx,

I found this picture on ebay. It is similar to what I have and was talking about. Will try to get pictures of my in next day or so. I takes about a couple of minutes to put it on and take it off.

69_1_b.JPG

I am sure glad you found that picture and didn't say it was yours, that has to be on the lot as it is the cleanest bucket I have ever seen.

CB,

Nope thats not my bucket, eventhough my tractor only has about 450 hours on it, the buckets is WELL USED. It has been rode hard and put up wet many times.

I once had a fellow tell me that if you ever had a loader and bucket on a tractor you would never be able to get alone without one. At the time, I really didn't understand how true his statement was. Our front bucket has been used for everything from picking up and hauling rocks to lifting metal siding to the roof of the new barn. It is scratched, dented and bent. It is even smoked up where we used it to put out the neighbors "trash fire" after it got in his broomsage field.

GOD willing, I'll never be with a front bucket.

I'd skip right on by the paynesforks. That looks like a good way to bust the bottom out of the bucket as you'd be twisting down on it. Maybe if there was a brace to the top, it would be ok.

I like the second riggin thought. Looks good. If I were going to build it, I'd do a double spear so you can pick up 2 bales at a time. The double spear also makes it nice to pick up broken bales as you can come under them like a forklift. I have a double spear attachment, but its not rigged for the bucket.

Rod

It's hinged at the top with a chain that goes under and over to keep the bottom in the bucket. Pull the 2 pins tilt forward and backout to get away from it.
balefork165.jpg

dj":3joxigu5 said:
It's hinged at the top with a chain that goes under and over to keep the bottom in the bucket. Pull the 2 pins tilt forward and backout to get away from it.
balefork165.jpg

Yes, I like this design better because it is attached at the top of the bucket. Since all your pressure is downward, from the weight of the bale, this makes more sense to me.

Latest posts