Hay feeding

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

How many tons of hay per cow do most of you feed per winter. I have been feeding about 3 tons per cow every winter here in Southeast Tn.

bobby22":2hdo1044 said:
How many tons of hay per cow do most of you feed per winter. I have been feeding about 3 tons per cow every winter here in Southeast Tn.
well im in texas.an here we feed about 2 bales pre cow in winter.thats just a tad over 1.5 tons pre cow a yr.we usually dont start haying till dec.thats when the frost comes.an they run out of grass.

I have been feeding about 3 1/2 to 4 but your hay is probably better than mine on the average.

bigbull338":1qeoijd0 said:
bobby22":1qeoijd0 said:
well im in texas.an here we feed about 2 bales pre cow in winter.thats just a tad over 1.5 tons pre cow a yr.we usually dont start haying till dec.thats when the frost comes.an they run out of grass.

Same here... alot of times I can get buy with only 1 bale per cow depending on how much grass is on the ground.

Latest posts