Hay Day

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Got this 15 acre patch of Orchard Grass and Red Clover. First crop was so poor and weedy I turned the cows in on it. Then the rain came and a good dose of fertilizer. That and with a heavy layer of cow manure the year before I got a hay crop. about as heavy as it gets. Anyway took a chance with rain in the forecast and cut it Sat, rained everyday but not on the hay field. Gonna roll er up this afternoon. :D

This is not such a big deal except, Y'all know what drought is. This is the first year out of 4 up here we are not in severe drought. We got crops, we got pasture, fat cows and life is good. :clap:

Congratulations mnm!!! I'm still working at getting a second cutting. Get it while you can because you don't know what Mother Nature is going to send you tomorrow.

Got rained out at 4pm No rain in the forecast. :roll: About .10 inch hay should dry out.There's rain in the forecast the next five days.
Sun is out now, if the rain holds off I should be able to finish up this patch this afternoon.

Wish everybody would get good rain, the rain is about everything.
The sun came out, nice breeze. Got it all rolled up, turned out to be a good patch.
Rain in the forecast all week. Maybe finish up the grass hay cutting anyway.
Then it's on the the Hay Millet, gonna need some drying weather for that.

Latest posts