Hay cut yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

I went out there at 8:30 last night. Set a lawn chair by the river. No more than sat down and the beaver swam by. 12 gauge with 3 inch magnum #2 lead shot at about 40 feet. That beaver ain't falling any more trees.
At 5:45 this morning the tractor with the rake pulled in and went to the front field and went to work. Maybe we are baling today. I cut up the beaver tree and moved it off but there are lots of cottonwood leafs that will get baled up with the hay.

Put the last bales in the stack yard this morning. Not a minute too soon. It is pushing 90 out there now and it is going to push 100 tomorrow. Both of my tractors are open station. A cab and AC would be a nice luxury. My imprecise calculations say there is about 106 tons in the two stacks.

P7052975.JPGP7052976.JPG

Here most people who are feeding hay to their own cows don't cover the stacks. Those who are selling hay cover theirs. Those selling to the export market cover the top and the sides. Up stream from me toward Hereford and Unity they get a lot more snow. Up there you see a lot of hay shed (a big building with a roof and no sides).

Latest posts